§ 802. Definitions
Oklahoma Statutes AnnotatedTitle 52. Oil and Gas
52 Okl.St.Ann. § 802
§ 802. Definitions
As used in the Exploration Rights Act of 2011:
2. “Minerals” means oil, natural gas and other minerals of similar type or character that may be produced or associated with the oil or natural gas, regardless of whether title to, or ownership of, the minerals is severed from the fee simple or absolute fee as defined by Section 23 of Title 60 of the Oklahoma Statutes;
3. “Mineral estate” means, as to any lands within the State of Oklahoma, the minerals underlying a tract of real property, or the right to capture the minerals underlying a tract of real property, together with the right to make reasonable use of the surface estate, including the right of ingress and egress therefor, for the purpose of exploring, severing, capturing and producing the minerals, as such rights both have been historically articulated at common law and also included within the surface damage statutes, regardless of whether title to, or ownership of, the minerals is severed from the fee simple or absolute fee as defined by Section 23 of Title 60 of the Oklahoma Statutes;
4. “Mineral owner” means a person owning the mineral estate or a right to explore, sever, capture and produce the minerals, whether such right is derived from ownership of the mineral estate, from an oil and gas lease or from a force pooling order issued by the Corporation Commission, and includes the operator;
8. “Person” means any individual, executor, administrator, estate, agent, trust, trustee, institution, receiver, business trust, firm, corporation, partnership, limited liability company, cooperative, joint venture, governmental entity or agency, association or any other group or combination acting as a unit;
11. “Wind energy facility” means an electrical generation facility consisting of one or more wind turbines, substations, meteorological data towers, aboveground and underground electrical transmission lines, transformers, control systems, and other buildings or facilities under common ownership or operating control used to support the operation of the facility, and whose primary purpose is to supply electricity to an off-site customer or customers. Wind energy facility shall not include either:
Laws 2011, c. 197, § 4.
52 Okl. St. Ann. § 802, OK ST T. 52 § 802
Current with legislation of the Second Regular Session and First and Second Extraordinary Sessions of the 58th Legislature (2022).
|End of Document|