Home Table of Contents

§ 1631. Right to petition for change of name

Oklahoma Statutes AnnotatedTitle 12. Civil Procedure

Oklahoma Statutes Annotated
Title 12. Civil Procedure (Refs & Annos)
Chapter 33. Change of Name
12 Okl.St.Ann. § 1631
§ 1631. Right to petition for change of name
Any natural person, who has been domiciled in this state or who has been residing upon any military reservation located in said state, for more than thirty (30) days, and has been an actual resident of the county or such military reservation situated in said county, or county in which the military reservation is situated, for more than thirty (30) days, next preceding the filing of the action, may petition for a change of name in a civil action in the district court; provided, no person who is required to register as a sex offender pursuant to the Oklahoma Sex Offenders Registration Act1 may petition for a change of name. If the person be a minor, the action may be brought by guardian or next friend as in other actions.


Laws 1953, p. 57, § 1, emerg. eff. May 19, 1953. Laws 1955, p. 141, § 1, emerg. eff. June 6, 1955; Laws 1957, p. 83, § 1; Laws 2014, c. 35, § 1, eff. Nov. 1, 2014.


Title 57, § 581 et seq.
12 Okl. St. Ann. § 1631, OK ST T. 12 § 1631
Current with emergency effective legislation through Chapter 275 of the Second Regular Session of the 58th Legislature (2022). Some sections may be more current, see credits for details.
End of Document