§ 36-502. Definitions
Oklahoma Statutes AnnotatedTitle 11. Cities and TownsEffective: November 1, 2018
Effective: November 1, 2018
11 Okl.St.Ann. § 36-502
§ 36-502. Definitions
As used in the Oklahoma Small Wireless Facilities Deployment Act:
2. “Applicable codes” means uniform building, fire, electrical, plumbing or mechanical codes adopted by a recognized national code organization or local amendments to those codes enacted solely to address imminent threats of destruction of property or injury to persons to the extent not inconsistent with this act;
9. “Decorative pole” means an authority pole that is specially designed and placed for aesthetic purposes and on which no appurtenances or attachments, other than a small wireless facility, light fixtures or specially designed informational or directional signage or temporary holiday or special event attachments, have been placed or are permitted to be placed according to nondiscriminatory municipal rules or codes;
13. “Historic district” means a group of buildings, properties or sites that are zoned by the authority as a historic district on or before March 31, 2018; included in the State Register of Historic Places in accordance with Section 355 of Title 53 of the Oklahoma Statutes; or are either listed in the National Register of Historic Places or formally determined eligible for listing by the Keeper of the National Register, the individual who has been delegated the authority by the federal agency to list properties and determine their eligibility for the National Register, in accordance with Section VI.D.1.a.i-v of the Nationwide Programmatic Agreement codified at 47 C.F.R. Part 1, Appendix C;
19. “Right-of-way” means the area within the jurisdiction of the authority that is on, below or above a public roadway, highway, street, sidewalk, alley or similar property or a public easement that authorizes the deployment sought by the wireless provider, but does not include a federal interstate highway;
b. all other wireless equipment associated with the wireless facility, whether ground- or pole-mounted, is cumulatively no more than twenty-eight (28) cubic feet in volume. The following types of associated ancillary equipment are not included in the calculation of equipment volume: electric meter, concealment elements, telecommunications demarcation box, grounding equipment, power transfer switch, cut-off switch and vertical cable runs for the connection of power and other services;
22. “Utility pole” means a pole or similar structure that is or may be used in whole or in part by or for wireline communications, electric distribution, lighting, traffic control, signage or a similar function, or for the collocation of small wireless facilities; provided, however, such term shall not include wireless support structures or electric transmission structures. Utility poles controlled by an investor-owned electric utility or electric cooperative are subject to Section 7 of this act;1
23. “Wireless facility” means equipment at a fixed location that enables wireless communications between user equipment and a communications network, including: (a) equipment associated with wireless communications; and (b) radio transceivers, antennas, coaxial or fiber-optic cable, regular and backup power supplies and comparable equipment regardless of technological configuration. The term includes small wireless facilities. The term does not include:
28. “Wireless support structure” means a structure such as a monopole; tower, either guyed or self-supporting; billboard; building; or other existing or proposed structure designed to support or capable of supporting wireless facilities other than a structure designed solely for the collocation of small wireless facilities. Such term shall not include a utility pole.
Laws 2018, c. 140, § 2, eff. Nov. 1, 2018.
Title 11, § 36-507.
11 Okl. St. Ann. § 36-502, OK ST T. 11 § 36-502
Current with emergency effective legislation through Chapter 1 of the First Regular Session of the 59th Legislature (2023). Some sections may be more current, see credits for details.
|End of Document|