New York State Register Help
- Navigating Within the New York State Register Site
- Searching New York State Register
- Browsing Documents
- Charges for Accessing Cited Documents
- Other New York Legal Products
The content included at this site is listed on the New York State Register home page. Just select a link to view a list of relevant documents.
You can also search the register for documents related to your issue.
Click Home at the top of any page to return to the New York State Register home page at any time. To go to the NY Department of State-Division of Administrative Rules site, click NY Department of State-Division of Administrative Rules.
You can search the New York State Register using the Natural Language search method. Natural Language allows you to retrieve relevant documents by typing a description in plain English. To search using Natural Language, complete the following steps:
- Click Search at the top of any page. The Search page is displayed.
- Type a description of the statute in the Natural Language Description text box. For example, to retrieve rules pertaining to requirements for service of process, type the following description:
what are the requirements for service of process
- Click Search next to the Natural Language Description text box to run your search.
When you are viewing a search result, the citations list is shown first. Click the number preceding a citation to view that document's full text.
To see the next 20 documents that match the concepts in your description, click the right arrow at the bottom of the citations list.
Browsing by Search Terms
In a search result, you can click the right or left Term arrow to move to the next or previous occurrence of your search terms in the displayed document.
Browsing by Document
In a search result, you can click the right or left Document arrow to move to the next or previous document in your search result.
Links are available for some cited documents that are outside the scope of the New York State Register site.
You are not charged for viewing any of the New York documents included at this site.
You will be charged for retrieving cited documents not included at this site, such as sections of the United States Code Annotated®.
Information on other New York legal products is available at the Thomson Reuters Online Store.