§ 6130.2. Definitions
Purdon's Pennsylvania Statutes and Consolidated StatutesTitle 35 P.S. Health and SafetyEffective: June 28, 2021
Effective: June 28, 2021
35 P.S. § 6130.2
§ 6130.2. Definitions
The following words and phrases when used in this act shall have the meanings given to them in this section unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
“Eligible employee.” As defined in the FMLA.
“FMLA.” Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 (Public Law 103-3, 29 U.S.C. § 2601 et seq.).
“Insurance policy.” As follows:
(1) A policy, subscriber contract, certificate or plan which provides health care or life coverage and which is offered, issued or renewed by an insurer.
(2) The term does not include accident only, fixed indemnity, hospital indemnity, limited benefit, credit, dental, vision, specified disease, Medicare supplement, Civilian Health and Medical Program of the Uniformed Services (CHAMPUS) supplement, long-term care or disability income, workers' compensation or automobile medical payment insurance.
“Insurer.” As follows:
(1) An entity licensed by the Insurance Department with authority to issue insurance policies or governed under any of the following:
(ii) The act of December 29, 1972 (P.L. 1701, No. 364),3 known as the Health Maintenance Organization Act.
(iii) 40 Pa.C.S. Ch. 61 (relating to hospital plan corporations) or 63 (relating to professional health services plan corporations).
“Living donor.” An individual who:
(1) has donated all or part of an organ or tissue; and
(2) is not deceased.
“Organ.” As follows:
(1) A human kidney, liver, heart, lung, pancreas, esophagus, stomach, small or large intestine or portion of the gastrointestinal tract or another part of the human body designated by the Department of Health by regulation.
(2) The term includes blood vessels recovered during the recovery of an organ under paragraph (1) if the blood vessels are intended for use in organ transplantation.
“Tissue.” As follows:
(1) A portion of the human body other than an organ, including, but not limited to, a human eye, skin, bone, bone marrow, heart valve, spermatozoon, ova, artery, vein, tendon, ligament, pituitary gland or fluid.
(2) The term does not include blood or a blood derivative, unless the blood or blood derivative is donated for the purpose of research or education.
2021, April 27, P.L. 39, No. 11, § 2, effective in 60 days [June 28, 2021].
35 P.S. § 6130.2, PA ST 35 P.S. § 6130.2
Current through 2023 Regular Session Act 1. Some statute sections may be more current, see credits for details.
|End of Document|