The department shall with the advice of the Blood Bank Advisory Committee establish rules and regulations for the standards and specific requirements for operation of blood banks including, but not limited to:
(2) Proficiency evaluation of testing procedures.
(3) Standards for collection, processing, storage, distribution and proper conduct of the blood transfusion service of blood and blood products.
(4) The identification and screening of donors.
(5) Qualifications for director of and personnel employed in a blood bank.
(6) Restrictions upon the use of blood donors.
(7) A system of identifying the donor of the blood and blood donated at all times including after the blood has been administered to the recipient.
(8) The department shall set guidelines for the location of blood banks in order to avoid areas of high risk where there are high levels of hepatitis or other diseases transferred by blood transfusions.
(9) Help communities establish a system for determining the inventory of blood in all blood banks and the coordination of the distribution of blood and blood products for the purpose of reducing wastage.
(10) The department shall help communities establish and develop volunteer blood donor programs. This will include advice and assistance in public education and the organizational structure of these programs.
(11) The department shall establish standards for blood shipped into the Commonwealth, which is collected outside the State.
(12) The department shall make a major effort to insure that its rules and regulations governing blood banks are coordinated with and do not conflict with existing State or Federal laws.
(13) Implementation of section 14.1.
1972, Dec. 6, P.L. 1614, No. 335, § 14, effective in 90 days. Amended 1978, Oct. 4, P.L. 984, No. 200, § 3, effective in 60 days.
35 P.S. § 6514, PA ST 35 P.S. § 6514
Current through 2023 Regular Session Act 32. Some statute sections may be more current, see credits for details.