To be eligible to participate in the program, a higher education institution must form a partnership with schools or school districts and may subcontract with a nonprofit organization in order to implement the partnership agreement under subsection (b). A partnership must include a minimum of three public schools or school districts.
(b) Partnership agreement.--
The higher education institution and the schools or school districts shall enter into a written agreement that includes all of the following:
(1) The responsibilities of the higher education institution in providing services to each partnership member.
(2) The responsibilities of the schools or school districts in coordinating with the higher education institution.
(3) A description of the scientific or technical equipment that will be provided to each partnership member.
(4) A description of the program of instruction that will be provided to each partnership member by the higher education institution.
(5) The courses of science instruction and grade levels that will be augmented by scientific or technical equipment through the partnership and how scientific or technical equipment will be used to augment such courses of instruction.
(6) The manner in which access to scientific or technical equipment will be provided to students and teachers.
(7) The professional development activities that will be provided to science teachers employed by partnership members.
(c) Forward to department.--
To be eligible to participate in the program, a partnership must forward a certified copy of its partnership agreement to the department.
1949, March 10, P.L. 30, No. 14, art. XV-F, § 1503-F, added 2010, Nov. 17, P.L. 996, No. 104, § 18, imd. effective.
24 P.S. § 15-1503-F, PA ST 24 P.S. § 15-1503-F
Current through 2023 Regular Session Act 1. Some statute sections may be more current, see credits for details.