(a) General rule.--
Articles of incorporation shall be signed by each of the incorporators. The articles of incorporation shall set forth:
(1) The name of the proposed credit union, which shall contain the words “credit union.”
(2) The class of services to be performed by the credit union, which services shall be within the scope of activities of such associations as set forth in this title.
(3) The principal place where its business is to be transacted, which shall be within this Commonwealth.
(4) The term for which it is to exist, which may be perpetual.
(5) The par value of its shares.
(6) The names and post office addresses of the incorporators and the number of shares subscribed by each.
(7) The names and residences of each of the first directors, not less than five in number, who shall serve until the first annual meeting of the credit union, and the name and residence of the treasurer.
(8) The common bond of membership.
(9) Any provision, not inconsistent with law, which the incorporators may choose to insert for the regulation of the business and the internal affairs of the credit union.
(b) Maintenance of copies.--
A copy of the original articles of incorporation of the credit union and all amendments thereto shall be maintained by the credit union.
1990, Dec. 19, P.L. 834, No. 198, § 302, effective in two months. Amended 2014, June 18, P.L. 754, No. 62, § 2, effective in 60 days [Aug. 18, 2014].
17 Pa.C.S.A. § 303, PA ST 17 Pa.C.S.A. § 303
Current through 2022 Regular Session Act 96. Some statute sections may be more current, see credits for details.