(a) Grant program to be established.--
The department shall establish a maintenance project grant program to support school entity maintenance projects.
Maintenance projects that are eligible for grants under this section shall include the following:
(1) Roof repairs and roof replacement.
(2) Heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment.
(3) Boilers and controls.
(5) Energy savings projects.
(6) Health and safety upgrades.
(8) Other projects approved by the secretary.
(c) Application process.--
The department shall develop a process through which school entities may submit applications for grant awards.
(d) Funding rubric.--
The department shall develop a rubric to prioritize grant awards under this section. The rubric shall consider the following:
(1) School entity wealth.
(2) Prior receipt of grant awards.
(e) Local match required.--
(1) A school entity shall provide a 50% match for each grant awarded.
(2) No matching funds shall be required for a project that is determined by the secretary to be an emergency.
(f) Limitation on grant award.--
(1) No grant award for a maintenance project may exceed $1,000,000.
(2) No school entity may receive an annual allocation of grants that exceeds 20% of the funds available under the program.
(1) The program shall be funded from a set-aside equal to 25% of the appropriation for school building projects annually under this article.
(2) No less than 20% of the funds allocated to the program under paragraph (1) shall be awarded to projects that enhance school building safety and security.
(3) In any fiscal year when funds are available for grants under the program as provided in paragraph (1), the department shall allocate 50% of the set-aside for grants by December 31 and the other 50% of the set-aside for grants not later than June 30 of that fiscal year.
(h) Transmission of information to General Assembly.--
The department shall annually transmit grant award information to the Appropriations Committee of the Senate and the Appropriations Committee of the House of Representatives, including grant amounts and scoring from the rubric under subsection (d).
1949, March 10, P.L. 30, No. 14, art. XXVI-J, § 2604-J, added 2019, July 2, P.L. 417, No. 70, § 1, effective July 1, 2020.
24 P.S. § 26-2604-J, PA ST 24 P.S. § 26-2604-J
Current through 2023 Regular Session Act 32. Some statute sections may be more current, see credits for details.