§ 26-2601-K. Definitions
Purdon's Pennsylvania Statutes and Consolidated StatutesTitle 24 P.S. EducationEffective: August 27, 2019
Effective: August 27, 2019
24 P.S. § 26-2601-K
§ 26-2601-K. Definitions
The following words and phrases when used in this article shall have the meanings given to them in this section unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
“Adoption.” Adoption of an individual who has been in the care and custody of a county agency and in substitute care.
“Agency.” The Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency.
“County agency.” The term as defined under 23 Pa.C.S. § 6303 (relating to definitions).
“Department.” The Department of Education of the Commonwealth.
“Dependent child.” The term as defined under 42 Pa.C.S. § 6302 (relating to definitions).
“Fostering independence waiver.” A waiver of tuition and mandatory fees at an institution of higher education.
“Institution of higher education.” The term includes any of the following:
(1) A community college operating under Article XIX-A.1
(2) A university within the State System of Higher Education.
(3) The Pennsylvania State University, the University of Pittsburgh, Temple University, Lincoln University or any other institution designated as State-related by the Commonwealth.
(4) The Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology.
(5) A college established under Article XIX-G.2
(6) An institution of higher education located in and incorporated or chartered by the Commonwealth and entitled to confer degrees as provided under 24 Pa.C.S. § 6505 (relating to power to confer degrees) and as provided for by the standards and qualifications prescribed by the State Board of Education under 24 Pa.C.S. Ch. 65 (relating to private colleges, universities and seminaries).
(7) A private school licensed under the act of December 15, 1986 (P.L. 1585, No. 174),3 known as the Private Licensed Schools Act.
(8) A foreign corporation approved to operate an educational enterprise under 22 Pa. Code Ch. 364 (relating to foreign corporation standards).
“Permanent legal custodian.” A person to whom legal custody of a child has been given by order of a court pursuant to 42 Pa.C.S. § 6351(a)(2.1) (relating to disposition of dependent child).
“POC.” The point of contact designated in section 2604-K.5
“Program.” The fostering independence waiver program established in section 2602-K.6
“Substitute care.” Out-of-home placement in a setting that provides 24-hour care for a dependent child as defined in 42 Pa.C.S. § 6302 made pursuant to an order of the court.
1949, March 10, P.L. 30, No. 14, art. XXVI-K, § 2601-K, added 2019, June 28, P.L. 117, No. 16, § 25, effective in 60 days [Aug. 27, 2019].
24 P.S. § 19-1901-A et seq.
24 P.S. § 19-1901-G et seq.
24 P.S. § 6501 et seq.
22 Pa. Code § 36.1 et seq.
24 P.S. § 26-2604-K.
24 P.S. § 26-2602-K.
24 P.S. § 26-2601-K, PA ST 24 P.S. § 26-2601-K
Current through 2023 Regular Session Act 1. Some statute sections may be more current, see credits for details.
|End of Document|