§ 653. Scope of act
Purdon's Pennsylvania Statutes and Consolidated StatutesTitle 63 P.S. Professions and Occupations (State Licensed)
63 P.S. § 653
§ 653. Scope of act
This act confers no authority to practice any profession other than practical nursing.
This act does not prohibit:
(1) Home care of the sick by friends, domestic servants, nursemaids and companions or household aides of any type so long as such persons do not represent or hold themselves out to be practical nurses or use in connection with their names any designation tending to imply that they are licensed to practice under the provisions of this act.
(5) Nursing by a person temporarily in this Commonwealth in compliance with an engagement made outside of this Commonwealth which engagement requires that such person accompany and care for a patient while temporarily in this Commonwealth whenever the engagement shall not be of more than six (6) months' duration.
(8) Nursing services rendered pursuant to a temporary practice permit by a graduate of an approved school of practical nursing in Pennsylvania or any other state, working under qualified supervision, during the period not to exceed one (1) year between completion of his or her program of practical nursing education and notification of the results of a licensing examination taken by such person, and during such additional period as the board may in each case especially permit.
(9) Nursing services rendered pursuant to a temporary practice permit by a person who holds a current license or other evidence of the right to practice practical nursing as that term is defined in this act, issued by any other state or territory of the United States or province of the Dominion of Canada, during the period that an application filed by such person for licensure in Pennsylvania is pending before the board, but not for a period of more than one (1) year, and during such additional period as the board may in each case especially permit.
(10) Auxiliary services rendered by persons carrying out duties necessary for the support of nursing service, including those duties which involve minor and very basic nursing services for patients, performed in health care facilities or elsewhere under the direction of licensed physicians or as delegated by licensed registered nurses and performed under the direction of professional nurses or licensed practical nurses.
1956, March 2, P.L. (1955) 1211, § 3. Amended 1966, Jan. 13, P.L. (1965) 1295, § 1; 1972, Dec. 28, P.L. 1660, No. 354, § 1, imd. effective; 1985, Dec. 20, P.L. 423, No. 110, § 3, effective Jan. 1, 1986.
63 P.S. § 653, PA ST 63 P.S. § 653
Current through 2022 Regular Session Act 96. Some statute sections may be more current, see credits for details.
|End of Document|