§ 5924. Definitions
Purdon's Pennsylvania Statutes and Consolidated StatutesTitle 35 P.S. Health and SafetyEffective: January 3, 2023
Effective: January 3, 2023
35 P.S. § 5924
§ 5924. Definitions
The following words and phrases when used in this act shall have the meanings given to them in this section unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
“Blood lead test.” A blood lead draw, whether by capillary, venous or unknown sample type, that produces a quantifiable result and is analyzed by a Clinical-Laboratory-Improvements-Amendment-certified facility or an approved portable device.
“Department.” The Department of Health of the Commonwealth.
“Elevated blood lead level.” A single blood lead test, whether capillary or venous, at or above the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's reference range value.
“Government program.” Any of the following:
(1) The Commonwealth's medical assistance program established under the act of June 13, 1967 (P.L. 31, No. 21),1 known as the Human Services Code.
(2) The children's health insurance program under Article XXIII-A of the act of May 17, 1921 (P.L. 682, No. 284),2 known as The Insurance Company Law of 1921.
“Health insurance policy.” A policy, subscriber contract, certificate or plan issued by an insurer that provides hospital or medical/surgical health care coverage. The term does not include any of the following:
(1) An accident-only policy.
(2) A credit-only policy.
(3) A long-term care or disability income policy.
(4) A specified disease policy.
(5) A Medicare supplement policy.
(6) A fixed indemnity policy.
(7) A dental-only policy.
(8) A vision-only policy
(9) A workers' compensation policy.
(10) An automobile medical payment policy.
(11) A policy under which benefits are provided by the Federal Government to active or former military personnel and their dependents.
(12) A hospital indemnity policy.
(13) Any other similar policy providing for limited benefits.
“Insurer.” An entity that offers, issues or renews an individual or group health, accident or sickness insurance policy, contract or plan and that is subject to any of the following:
(1) 40 Pa.C.S. Ch. 61 (relating to hospital plan corporations) or 63 (relating to professional health services plan corporations).
(3) The act of December 29, 1972 (P.L. 1701, No. 364),5 known as the Health Maintenance Organization Act.
2022, Nov. 3, P.L. 2135, No. 150, § 4, effective in 60 days [Jan. 3, 2023].
62 P.S. § 101 et seq.
40 P.S. § 991.2301-A et seq.
40 P.S. § 764a.
40 P.S. § 991.2401 et seq.
40 P.S. § 1551 et seq.
35 P.S. § 5924, PA ST 35 P.S. § 5924
Current through 2023 Regular Session Act 32. Some statute sections may be more current, see credits for details.
|End of Document|