(a) Establishment.--The School Safety and Security Committee is established within the commission.
(b) Composition.--The committee shall consist of a chairperson and the following members:
(1) The Secretary of Education or a designee.
(2) The Attorney General or a designee.
(3) The Commissioner of Pennsylvania State Police or a designee.
(4) The Director of the Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency or a designee.
(5) An individual appointed by the President pro tempore of the Senate.
(6) An individual appointed by the Minority Leader of the Senate.
(7) An individual appointed by the Speaker of the House of Representatives.
(8) An individual appointed by the Minority Leader of the House of Representatives.
(9) The chairperson of the commission or a designee.
(10) The Secretary of Human Services or a designee.
(11) A recognized subject matter expert in strategic security appointed by the Governor from three names submitted jointly by the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives.
(12) The following members appointed by the Governor:
(i) An individual recommended by the Pennsylvania Association of School Business Officials with experience in school safety and security matters.
(ii) An individual recommended by the Pennsylvania Association of School Administrators with experience in school safety and security matters.
(iii) An individual member of local law enforcement recommended by the State Fraternal Order of Police.
(iv) A child psychologist who specializes in mental, social and emotional development of children recommended by the Pennsylvania Psychological Association.
(v) A licensed clinical social worker recommended by the Pennsylvania Society for Clinical Social Work.
(vi) An architect recommended by the American Institute of Architects of Pennsylvania with experience in school building safety and security matters.
(vii) An individual who is a subject matter expert in trauma-informed approaches from a State-related institution of higher education.
(viii) A school principal recommended by the Pennsylvania Principals Association with experience in behavioral health matters.
(ix) A school nurse recommended by the Pennsylvania State Education Association with experience in behavioral health matters.
(x) A school director recommended by the Pennsylvania School Boards Association with experience in school safety and security matters or behavioral health matters.
(c) Chairperson.--The chairperson of the committee shall be selected by the Governor from among the members of the committee.
(d) Vice chairperson.--A vice chairperson shall be designated by the chairperson of the committee from among the members of the committee to preside at meetings in the absence of the chairperson.
(e) Term.--Members appointed under subsection (b)(5), (6), (7), (8) and (12) shall serve for a four-year term and may be appointed for no more than one additional consecutive term. The terms of those members who serve by virtue of the public office they hold shall be concurrent with their service in the office from which they derive their membership.
(f) Quorum.--A majority of the members of the committee shall constitute a quorum and a quorum shall be required for all actions.
(g) Actions.--A vote of the majority of the members of the committee present shall be sufficient for all actions taken by the committee.
(h) Initial meeting.--The committee shall hold its first meeting no later than 30 days from the effective date of this subsection.
(i) Cooperation.--The commission shall cooperate with the committee to select staff to be employed by the commission and assigned to assist the committee in carrying out its duties.