1. “Application” means a request under the Convention by an obligee or obligor or on behalf of a child made through a central authority for assistance from another central authority;
2. “Central authority” means the entity designated by the United States or a foreign country described in paragraph d of subsection 5 of Section 601-102 of this title to perform the functions specified in the Convention;
3. “Convention support order” means a support order of a tribunal of a foreign country described in paragraph d of subsection 5 of Section 601-102 of this title;
4. “Direct request” means a petition filed by an individual in a tribunal of this state in a proceeding involving an obligee, obligor, or child residing outside the United States;
5. “Foreign central authority” means the entity designated by a foreign country described in paragraph d of subsection 5 of Section 601-102 of this title to perform the functions specified in the Convention;
6. “Foreign support agreement”:
a. means an agreement for support in a record that:
(1) is enforceable as a support order in the country of origin,
(a) formally drawn up or registered as an authentic instrument by a foreign tribunal, or
(b) authenticated by or concluded, registered or filed with a foreign tribunal,
(3) may be reviewed and modified by a foreign tribunal, and
b. includes a maintenance arrangement or authentic instrument under the convention; and
7. “United States central authority” means the Secretary of the United States Department of Health and Human Services.
Laws 1994, c. 160, § 48, eff. Sept. 1, 1994; Laws 1995, c. 273, § 2, emerg. eff. May 25, 1995; Laws 2004, c. 367, § 42, eff. Nov. 1, 2004; Laws 2015, c. 104, § 52, eff. Nov. 1, 2015; Laws 2016, c. 148, § 24, eff. Nov. 1, 2016.
43 Okl. St. Ann. § 601-701, OK ST T. 43 § 601-701
Current with legislation of the Second Regular Session of the 58th Legislature (2022) effective through July 1, 2022. Some sections may be more current, see credits for details.