Home Table of Contents

§ 211. Management, sale or encumbrance of property of one by the other, when

Oklahoma Statutes AnnotatedTitle 43. Marriage and Family

Oklahoma Statutes Annotated
Title 43. Marriage and Family (Refs & Annos)
Husband and Wife
43 Okl.St.Ann. § 211
§ 211. Management, sale or encumbrance of property of one by the other, when
In case the husband or wife abandons the other and removes from the state, and is absent therefrom for one (1) year, without providing for the maintenance and support of his or her family, or is sentenced to imprisonment either in the county jail or State Penitentiary for the period of one (1) year or more, the district court of the county or judicial subdivision where the husband or wife so abandoned or not imprisoned resides, may, on application by affidavit of such husband or wife, setting forth fully the facts, supported by such other testimony as the court may deem necessary, authorize him or her to manage, control, sell or encumber the property of the said husband or wife for the support and maintenance of the family, and for the purpose of paying debts contracted prior to such abandonment or imprisonment. Notice of such proceedings shall be given the opposite party, and shall be served as summons are served in ordinary actions.


R.L.1910, § 3360. Renumbered from Title 32, § 12 by Laws 1989, c. 333, § 2, eff. Nov. 1, 1989.
43 Okl. St. Ann. § 211, OK ST T. 43 § 211
Current with legislation of the First Regular Session of the 59th Legislature (2023) and the First Extraordinary Session of the 59th Legislature (2023). Some sections may be more current, see credits for details.
End of Document