Home Table of Contents

§ 42-107. Record of vacation

Oklahoma Statutes AnnotatedTitle 11. Cities and Towns

Oklahoma Statutes Annotated
Title 11. Cities and Towns (Refs & Annos)
Chapter 1. Municipal Code (Refs & Annos)
Buildings, Zoning and Planning
Article XLII. Vacating Plats and Public Ways (Refs & Annos)
11 Okl.St.Ann. § 42-107
§ 42-107. Record of vacation
Any decree or written instrument vacating a plat or portion thereof shall be filed and recorded in the office of the county clerk in the county where the land is situated and shall include a metes and bounds legal description of the area being vacated and a separate metes and bounds legal description of the area, if any, remaining platted. The clerk shall write in plain, legible letters across that part of the plat so vacated the word “Vacated”. The county clerk shall provide a copy of the metes and bounds legal description of the property being vacated as furnished by the petitioner to the county assessor. The clerk shall also note on the original plat a reference to the decree or instrument and the volume and page where recorded.


Laws 1977, c. 256, § 42-107, eff. July 1, 1978; Laws 2005, c. 116, § 1, eff. Nov. 1, 2005.
11 Okl. St. Ann. § 42-107, OK ST T. 11 § 42-107
Current with legislation of the Second Regular Session of the 58th Legislature (2022) effective through October 1, 2022. Some sections may be more current, see credits for details.
End of Document