§ 6-101. Prohibited acts--Violations--Penalties
Oklahoma Statutes AnnotatedTitle 37A. Alcoholic BeveragesEffective: October 1, 2018 to October 31, 2021
Effective: October 1, 2018 to October 31, 2021
37A Okl.St.Ann. § 6-101
§ 6-101. Prohibited acts--Violations--Penalties
4. Import into this state, except as provided for in the Oklahoma Alcoholic Beverage Control Act, any alcoholic beverages; provided, that nothing herein shall prohibit the importation or possession for personal use of not more than one (1) liter of alcoholic beverages upon which the Oklahoma excise tax is delinquent;
6. Knowingly transport into, within or through this state more than one (1) liter of alcoholic beverages upon which the Oklahoma excise tax has not been paid unless the person accompanying or in charge of the vehicle transporting same shall possess a true copy of a bill of lading, invoice, manifest or other document particularly identifying that alcoholic beverages are being transported and showing the name and address of the consignor and consignee; provided, this prohibition shall not apply to the first one hundred eighty (180) liters of alcoholic beverages classified as household goods by military personnel, age twenty-one (21) or older, when entering Oklahoma from temporary active assignment outside the contiguous United States;
7. Knowingly transport in any vehicle upon a public highway, street or alley any alcoholic beverage except in the original container which shall not have been opened and the seal upon which shall not have been broken and from which the original cap or cork shall not have been removed, unless the opened container be in the rear trunk or rear compartment, which shall include the spare tire compartment in a vehicle commonly known as a station wagon and panel truck, or any outside compartment which is not accessible to the driver or any other person in the vehicle while it is in motion;
9. Forcibly resist lawful arrest, or by physical contact interfere with an investigation of any infringement of the Oklahoma Alcoholic Beverage Control Act or with any lawful search or seizure being made by a law enforcement officer or an employee of the ABLE Commission, when such person knows or should know that such acts are being performed by a state, county or municipal officer or employee of the ABLE Commission;
13. Knowingly and willfully permit any individual under twenty-one (21) years of age who is an invitee to the person's residence, any building, structure or room owned, occupied, leased or otherwise procured by the person or on any land owned, occupied, leased or otherwise procured by the person, to possess or consume any alcoholic beverage as defined by Section 1-103 of this title, any controlled dangerous substance as defined in the Uniform Controlled Dangerous Substances Act,1 or any combination thereof, in such place.
shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and shall be punished by a fine of not more than One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00);
shall be guilty of a felony and shall be punished by a fine of not more than Two Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($2,500.00), or by imprisonment in the custody of the Department of Corrections for not more than five (5) years, or by both such fine and imprisonment.
C. Any person who violates paragraph 13 of subsection A of this section, and such actions cause great bodily injury or the death of a person, shall, in addition to any other penalty provided by law, be guilty of a felony, punishable by imprisonment in the custody of the Department of Corrections for not more than five (5) years, a fine of not less than Two Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($2,500.00) nor more than Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000.00), or both such fine and imprisonment.
1. In any public place, or in or upon any passenger coach, streetcar, or in or upon any other vehicle commonly used for the transportation of passengers, or in or about any depot, platform, waiting station or room, drink or otherwise consume any intoxicating liquor unless authorized by the Oklahoma Alcoholic Beverage Control Act, intoxicating substance or intoxicating compound of any kind, or inhale glue, paint or other intoxicating substance;
2. Be drunk or intoxicated in any public or private road, or in any passenger coach, streetcar or any public place or building, or at any public gathering, from drinking or consuming such intoxicating liquor, intoxicating substance or intoxicating compound or from inhalation of glue, paint or other intoxicating substance; or
shall be guilty of a misdemeanor, and upon conviction thereof shall be punished by a fine of not less than Ten Dollars ($10.00), nor more than One Hundred Dollars ($100.00) or by imprisonment for not less than five (5) days nor more than thirty (30) days or by both such fine and imprisonment.
Laws 2016, c. 366, § 141, eff. Oct. 1, 2018; Laws 2018, c. 113, § 5, eff. Oct. 1, 2018.
Title 63, § 2-101 et seq.
37A Okl. St. Ann. § 6-101, OK ST T. 37A § 6-101
Current with legislation of the First Regular Session of the 59th Legislature (2023) and the First Extraordinary Session of the 59th Legislature (2023). Some sections may be more current, see credits for details.
|End of Document|