21 CRR-NY 508.8NY-CRR
21 CRR-NY 508.8
21 CRR-NY 508.8
508.8 Builder and technician training and qualifications.
(a) For purposes of performing inspections pursuant to this Part, a technician shall be an individual who meets one or more of the following:
(1) has at least 12 hours of design or installation training by an accredited education institution or a professional builders association or affiliate, or other comparable and authority approved training course, in one or more of the following: site planning and development for building green; heating systems, cooling systems, creating healthful indoor air quality environments; building envelopes, building materials; water use reduction techniques, green construction techniques, multi-family green construction techniques, multi-family energy analysis, building energy analysis, energy modeling and building performance testing; or
(2) has professional experience with respect to the construction or substantial renovation of a residential building meeting these green residential building standards within the last 3 years and has participated, or agrees to participate, in at least 15 hours of training every 2 years since completion of such construction or substantial renovation; or
(3) has one year management and supervisory builder experience in green residential building construction; or
(4) has five years of field experience in green or sustainable residential construction, or in a combination of both.
(b) Nothing herein contained shall prohibit a builder of, owner of, prospective buyer of, or other person holding title to, a residential building, who possesses the training or qualifications prescribed by this section, from qualifying as a technician with respect to other residential buildings being newly constructed or undergoing substantial renovation, but shall not inspect any residential building owned by such technician or in which such technician has a financial interest.
(c) For purposes of this Part, a builder shall meet one or more of the following qualifications or training requirements:
(i) has 15 hours of green building training by an accredited education institution or a professional builders association or affiliate, or other comparable and authority-approved training course, which shall include a review of the National Green Building Standard or LEED Rating Systems and one or more of the following: site planning and development for building green, principles of energy, water and resource efficiency; indoor air and environmental quality; building performance and building performance testing; or
(ii) is the builder of record for constructing residential buildings that have met the green residential building standards meeting this Part for at least two years or is the builder of record for constructing a minimum of two residential buildings meeting the requirements of this Part; and
(2) has agreed to participate, and participates, in at least eight additional hours of green building or energy efficiency training by an accredited education institution or a professional builders association or affiliate, or other authority-approved comparable organization for every two years of program participation.
21 CRR-NY 508.8
Current through May 31, 2021
|End of Document|