6 CRR-NY 363-4.2NY-CRR
6 CRR-NY 363-4.2
6 CRR-NY 363-4.2
363-4.2 Engineering drawings.
(a) Maps and drawings.
Maps and drawings using the following format and containing the following information must be submitted:
(1) a regional map that provides the location of the facility and the location of and distance to any airports located within six miles of the facility;
(2) a vicinity map that delineates zoning and land use, communities of disproportionate impact, residences, principal aquifers, primary aquifers, surface waters, access roads, and other existing and proposed features on the facility and within one mile of the facility; and a wind rose identifying the prevailing wind direction based on the nearest local source of meteorological data; and
(3) a site plan and drawings of the facility that show:
(i) property boundaries;
(ii) off-site and on-site utilities, including electric, gas, stormwater and sanitary systems;
(iii) right-of-way easements including noise easements;
(iv) the names and addresses of contiguous property owners;
(v) the location of soil borings, excavations, test pits, gas venting structures, wells, piezometers, environmental and facility monitoring points and devices, benchmarks and permanent survey markers. With the exception of benchmarks and permanent survey markers, each location must be identified in accordance with a numbering system acceptable to the department. All horizontal locations must be accurate to the nearest 10th of a foot and all vertical locations must be accurate to the nearest 100th of a foot as measured from the ground surface and top of well casing;
(vi) a delineation of the total facility area, including planned staged development of the landfill's construction and operation, and the lateral and vertical limits of previously filled areas (if applicable);
(vii) the location and identification of on-site sources of cover materials;
(viii) the location and identification of special waste (such as, alternative operating cover materials or select fill materials) handling areas;
(ix) on-site buildings, leachate storage and conveyance systems, landfill gas management system components, roads, and parking areas; and
(x) site topography with five-foot minimum contour intervals.
(b) Engineering drawings of the landfill in both plan and cross-sectional views, depicting: how the facility will be constructed, operated and closed; areas of potential environmental impact; and the ability of the design, construction, operation, and closure of the facility to comply with the applicable requirements of this Part. If the landfill is to be constructed in stages, the initial permit application must contain the conceptual design for the entire landfill and the detailed construction drawings for the initial stage to be constructed. The engineering drawings must include, at a minimum:
(1) the original undeveloped site topography before excavation or placement of waste, if available;
(2) the existing site topography (if different from the original undeveloped site topography) including the location and approximate thickness and nature of any existing waste;
(3) the elevations of the known or interpolated seasonal high groundwater table, and the wells from which data were taken to establish the seasonal high groundwater table, using a 100-foot square grid, including surface elevation, bedrock elevation, depth to bedrock, and groundwater flow direction at each well;
(4) the known and interpolated bedrock elevations, the upper and lower limits of any confining overburden deposits, and all boreholes, test pits, wells, and other points used to supply this information using a 100-foot square grid;
(5) the proposed limits of excavation delineating the base elevations of the liner and leachate collection and removal system and pore pressure relief system if present, using a 100 foot square grid;
(6) the details for all components of the final cover and the final cover elevations for each 100-foot square grid intersection;
(7) the details for all components of the liner system, anchor trenches and leachate collection and removal system, including all critical grades and elevations of collection pipe inverts and drainage envelopes, manholes, cleanouts, valves, sumps, leachate flow control and metering devices, and drainage blanket thicknesses;
(8) the berms, dikes, ditches, drainage swales, culverts, sedimentation ponds, recharge basins and other devices used to divert, collect or control surface water run-on or run-off;
(9) the groundwater dewatering systems;
(10) the landfill gas management system used for collecting, treating, venting and monitoring the decomposition gases generated within the landfill, including any active landfill gas collection system components, including the condensate conveyance lines and storage facilities. Detailed plans of any active gas collection system must adequately delineate, in plan and in cross-sectional views, the location and grades of all landfill gas collection lines and landfill gas control lines, locating and showing all critical elevations of the collection pipe inverts, cleanouts, condensate knockout sumps, and valves. Layout of the system structure must be included, showing equipment locations; sampling locations; on-site drainage structures; and extraction well location, depth of placement, and construction materials;
(11) the location of groundwater monitoring wells;
(12) the location of geophysical and geochemical monitoring devices or structures, if needed;
(13) the location of leachate storage, treatment and disposal system including the leachate conveyance network and secondary containment system required in section 363-6.20 of this Part; and
(14) the plans detailing the construction staging area if proposed, and facility entrance area including gates, fences and signs.
(c) Operational drawings for the facility depicted in plan and cross-sectional views, showing:
(1) generalized fill progression drawings depicting fill progression for the life of the facility, identifying the depth, location and sequence of fill progression, and including the elevation of the liners, leachate collection and removal system, landfill gas management system and projected final waste mass;
(2) detailed fill progression drawings depicting fill progression for the first operational phase, identifying the placement of waste including special waste areas, lift thickness, and compacted thickness of operating and final cover; landfill gas management system; and on-site roadways and traffic patterns; and
(3) a survey control drawing depicting a method of survey baseline and elevation control and identifying the location and description of a permanent surveying benchmark and other critical facility monitoring locations and appurtenances for each 25 acres of the developed facility.
6 CRR-NY 363-4.2
Current through May 31, 2021
|End of Document|