6 CRR-NY 242-4.1NY-CRR
OFFICIAL COMPILATION OF CODES, RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK
TITLE 6. DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL CONSERVATION
CHAPTER III. AIR RESOURCES
SUBCHAPTER A. PREVENTION AND CONTROL OF AIR CONTAMINATION AND AIR POLLUTION
PART 242. CO2 BUDGET TRADING PROGRAM
SUBPART 242-4. COMPLIANCE CERTIFICATION.
6 CRR-NY 242-4.1
6 CRR-NY 242-4.1
242-4.1 Compliance certification report.
(a) Applicability and deadline.
For each control period in which a CO2 budget source is subject to the CO2 requirements of section 242-1.5(c) of this Part, the CO2 authorized account representative of the source shall submit to the department by the March 1st following the relevant control period, a compliance certification report. A compliance certification report is not required as part of the compliance obligation during an interim control period.
(b) Contents of report.
The CO2 authorized account representative shall include in the compliance certification report under subdivision (a) of this section the following elements, in a format prescribed by the department:
(1) identification of the source and each CO2 budget unit at the source;
(2) at the CO2 authorized account representative's option, the serial numbers of the CO2 allowances that are to be deducted from the source's compliance account under section 242-6.5 of this Part for the control period, including the serial numbers of any CO2 offset allowances that are to be deducted subject to the limitations of section 242-6.5(a)(3) of this Part; and
(3) the compliance certification under subdivision (c) of this section.
(c) Compliance certification.
In the compliance certification report under subdivision (a) of this section, the CO2 authorized account representative shall certify, based on reasonable inquiry of those persons with primary responsibility for operating the source and the CO2 budget units at the source in compliance with the CO2 Budget Trading Program, whether the source and each CO2 budget unit at the source for which the compliance certification is submitted was operated during the calendar years covered by the report in compliance with the requirements of the CO2 Budget Trading Program, including:
(1) whether the source was operated in compliance with the CO2 requirements of section 242-1.5(c) of this Part;
(2) whether the monitoring plan applicable to each unit at the source has been maintained to reflect the actual operation and monitoring of the unit, and contains all information necessary to attribute CO2 emissions to the unit, in accordance with Subpart 242-8 of this Part;
(3) whether all the CO2 emissions from the units at the source were monitored or accounted for through the missing data procedures and reported in the quarterly monitoring reports, including whether conditional data were reported in the quarterly reports in accordance with Subpart 242-8 of this Part. If conditional data were reported, the owner or operator shall indicate whether the status of all conditional data has been resolved and all necessary quarterly report resubmissions have been made;
(4) whether the facts that form the basis for certification under Subpart 242-8 of this Part of each monitor at each unit at the source, or for using an excepted monitoring method or alternative monitoring method approved under Subpart 242-8 of this Part, if any, have changed; and
(5) if a change is required to be reported under paragraph (4) of this subdivision, specify the nature of the change, the reason for the change, when the change occurred, and how the unit's compliance status was determined subsequent to the change, including what method was used to determine emissions when a change mandated the need for monitor recertification.
6 CRR-NY 242-4.1
Current through April 15, 2020
|End of Document||© 2020 Thomson Reuters. No claim to original U.S. Government Works.|