6 CRR-NY 247.8NY-CRR
6 CRR-NY 247.8
6 CRR-NY 247.8
247.8 Certification of new outdoor wood boilers.
(a) Certified models.
No person shall sell, lease or operate a new outdoor wood boiler unless the model has been certified by the department pursuant to this section.
(b) Emission limits.
In order to receive certification, a residential-size new outdoor wood boiler shall meet the emission limits in section 247.5 of this Part, and a commercial-size new outdoor wood boiler shall meet the emission limits in section 247.6 of this Part.
Manufacturers requesting certification of a model shall submit an application to the department. An application shall consist of two complete copies of the application on a form provided by the department, along with two copies of the supporting documents required by this subdivision. Both copies of the application shall be signed by a responsible official of the manufacturer, and shall include the following:
(1) name and address of the manufacturer, the model name and number, serial number, date of manufacture and the thermal output rating, in Btu/h, of the new outdoor wood boiler tested;
(2) four individual, color photographs of the tested unit showing the front, back and both sides of the unit;
(3) engineering drawings and specifications for each of the following components:
(i) firebox including a secondary combustion chamber;
(ii) air induction systems;
(iv) refractory and insulation materials;
(vi) catalyst bypass mechanisms;
(vii) flue gas exit;
(viii) door and catalyst bypass gaskets;
(ix) outer shielding and coverings;
(x) fuel feed system; and
(xi) blower motors and fan blade size;
(4) final test report prepared by the testing laboratory; and
(5) a copy of the operation and maintenance instructions.
(d) Certificate of compliance.
The department shall issue a certificate of compliance for a model if the certification application is determined to be complete and accurate and the model is determined to be compliant with the requirements set forth in this Part.
(1) Only fuels listed in the certificate of compliance may be burned in the model.
(2) The certificate of compliance is valid for five years and shall expire on the date listed in the certificate unless it is renewed by the certificate holder.
(3) A change in the design of a model resulting in a change in the thermal output rating of the model constitutes the creation of a new model which must be certified pursuant to this section.
(4) Upon written notice to the certificate holder, a certificate may be withdrawn by the department if it is determined that the application contained false or inaccurate information, or for other good cause.
(e) Test method.
To meet certification requirements for this section, particulate emissions from new outdoor wood boiler models shall be determined using Test Method 28-OWHH (see table 1, section 200.9 of this Title), as defined in section 247.2(b)(15) of this Part. Alternative methods may be used upon prior written approval from the department.
(f) Test laboratory.
All certification testing shall be conducted by a laboratory accredited by the EPA in accordance with 40 CFR 60 subpart AAA, section 60.535 (see table 1, section 200.9 of this Title), or another accrediting organization approved by the department, which has no conflict of interest or financial gain in the outcome of the testing.
6 CRR-NY 247.8
Current through October 15, 2019
|End of Document||© 2019 Thomson Reuters. No claim to original U.S. Government Works.|