6 CRR-NY 2.4NY-CRR
6 CRR-NY 2.4
6 CRR-NY 2.4
2.4 Authorization to use a longbow equipped with a mechanical device.
(1) Modified longbow authorization means department authorization to use a longbow equipped with a mechanical device to take big game or small game pursuant to this section.
(2) Longbow equipped with a mechanical device means an otherwise legal longbow, which has been equipped with a mechanical device attached to the handle or riser of the longbow for holding and releasing the bowstring.
(3) Longbow means a longbow, recurve bow or compound bow which is designed to be used by holding the bow at arm's length, with arrow on the string, and which is drawn, pulled and released by hand or with the aid of a hand-held trigger device attached to the bowstring.
(4) Physician certification means a signed statement by a physician duly licensed to practice medicine certifying the nature, extent, and term of physical disability that prohibits the hunter from drawing or holding a longbow.
(5) Bowhunter with a physical disability means a person who, due to physical disabilities, is incapable of drawing, holding, or releasing a longbow.
(b) A bowhunter with physical disabilities may receive authorization by the department to use a longbow equipped with a mechanical device to take big game or small game. To obtain such modified longbow authorization the bowhunter must:
(1) obtain a modified longbow authorization form that the department shall post on the DEC website and make available in hard copy to anyone who requests one;
(2) complete the modified longbow authorization form, which shall include information from the bowhunter with physical disabilities, including a signed statement from a physician duly licensed to practice medicine. This physician shall certify that the bowhunter is physically incapable of drawing, holding or releasing a longbow because of a physical disability and shall indicate the term of the disability; and
(3) for New York State residents, a valid hunting license to hunt small game, or license to hunt big game with a bowhunting privilege; for nonresidents, a valid nonresident hunting license to hunt small game, or a valid nonresident combination or bowhunting license to hunt big game, and when hunting for bear, a nonresident bear privilege.
(c) Modified longbow authorization forms are subject to the following conditions:
(1) application must be made on the modified longbow authorization form provided by the department;
(2) the modified longbow authorization form must be in the holder's possession while hunting with a longbow equipped with a mechanical device. The bowhunter shall also be in possession of all other required licenses and permits;
(3) the modified longbow authorization is valid as per the term indicated in the physician's statement;
(4) the department may provide the holder of a previous modified archer permit authorization for use of a modified longbow. This authorization will replace all previous authorization issued for the terms of the certification; and
(5) the holder of the modified longbow authorization form is subject to all other applicable provisions of the Environmental Conservation Law and rules and regulations adopted pursuant thereto.
6 CRR-NY 2.4
Current through April 30, 2019
|End of Document||© 2019 Thomson Reuters. No claim to original U.S. Government Works.|