19 CRR-NY 1263.5NY-CRR
19 CRR-NY 1263.5
19 CRR-NY 1263.5
1263.5 Notices of completion of draft EIS's and circulating, filing and availability thereof; circulation, filing and availability of draft EIS's public hearings and notices thereof.
(a) Notices of completion of draft EIS's.
Upon the completion of a draft EIS, the division shall immediately prepare, file and make available for public inspection a notice of completion as provided in paragraphs (1), (2) and (3) of this subdivision.
(1) Contents of notices of completion.
All notices of completion shall contain the following:
(i) an action identifying number;
(ii) a brief description of the action;
(iii) In an application pursuant to section 1076.2 of Title 9 NYCRR, the location of the action and its potential impacts and effects (county and city, town, or village); and
(iv) a statement that comments on the draft EIS are requested and will be received and considered by the council at the central office of the division. The notice shall specify the public review and comment period on the draft EIS, which shall be for not less than 30 calendar days from the date of filing and circulation of the notice or not less than 10 calendar days following any public hearing on the draft EIS.
(2) Circulating notices of completion.
All notices of completion shall be circulated to the following:
(i) all other agencies involved in the action;
(ii) all persons who have requested it;
(iii) the editor of the State Bulletin;
(iv) the State Clearing House;
(v) In an application pursuant to section 1076.2 of Title 9 NYCRR, the appropriate regional clearinghouse designated under the Federal Office of Management and Budget circular A-95;
(3) Filing notices of completion.
All notices of completion shall be filed and available for public inspection as follows:
(i) with the commissioner;
(ii) with the central or appropriate regional office of the department;
(iii) with the county clerk whose jurisdiction most closely coincides with the location of the action and its potential impacts and effects;
(iv) at the central office of the division.
(b) Filing and making available draft EIS's.
All draft EIS's prepared by or at the request of the division shall be filed with and made available for public inspection as follows:
(1) with the commissioner;
(2) with the central or appropriate regional office of the department;
(3) with the county clerk whose jurisdiction most closely coincides with the location of the action and its potential impacts and effects;
(4) at the central office of the division.
(c) Public hearings on draft EIS's and notices thereof.
(1) The council shall conduct a public hearing on the action in conjunction with the hearing on the draft EIS, except no hearing is required to be held on applications pursuant to section 1076.2 of Title 9 NYCRR.
(2) Notice of the hearing shall be contained in the notice of public hearing issued pursuant to section 377 of the Executive Law. Where appropriate, the notice of hearing shall also be published at least 10 calendar days in advance of the public hearing in a newspaper of general circulation in the area of the potential impacts and effects of the action.
(3) The hearing shall commence no less than 15 calendar days after the filing of the draft EIS pursuant to subdivision (b) of this section, except as the agency may otherwise provide where it determines that additional time is necessary for public or other agency review of the draft EIS or where a different hearing date is required as appropriate under applicable statute or regulation.
19 CRR-NY 1263.5
Current through January 31, 2020
|End of Document||© 2020 Thomson Reuters. No claim to original U.S. Government Works.|