19 CRR-NY 438.4NY-CRR
19 CRR-NY 438.4
19 CRR-NY 438.4
438.4 Outreach Training Program: training hour allocation and scheduling procedures.
(a) Training hour allocation.
(1) The Office of Fire Prevention and Control will survey county fire coordinators by January 15th of each year to determine State fire training course needs of their respective counties for the next State fiscal year. The form and format of the survey will be established by the Office of Fire Prevention and Control.
(2) Training hours will be distributed on the basis of the State fiscal year (April 1st to March 31st).
(3) Four State fire instructors will be assigned to each county in which outreach fire training courses are conducted. In counties which are allocated more than 700 course hours, one additional State fire instructor will be assigned for each additional 175 course hours allocated.
(4) Training hour allocation for delivery by State fire instructors for each State fiscal year shall be based on:
(i) the three-year average of training course hours used in a county;
(ii) a demonstrated need for additional training courses;
(iii) the availability of instructors to deliver the requested courses;
(iv) not reducing the training course allocation for a county by more than 50 hours from the previous year; and
(v) funding available in the State budget for that fiscal year.
(5) All unused and unscheduled hours remaining in individual county allocations will be withdrawn on October 1st and will be made available to counties requesting additional training courses. Requests for additional courses will be fulfilled based on order of receipt starting on October 1st until all training hours are utilized for the fiscal year.
(b) Scheduling procedures.
(1) To request a fire training course, the county fire coordinator shall submit a completed proposed fire training schedule form at least 21 calendar days before the beginning of the first proposed training session. The proposed schedule may be submitted by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org, fax at (518) 474-3240, or regular mail to the Office of Fire Prevention and Control at 99 Washington Ave., Suite 500, Albany, NY 12231-0001.
(2) When scheduling the truck company operations course and the apparatus operator-aerial devices course, the county fire coordinator will determine that all equipment and apparatus to be utilized in the courses have been inspected and certified in accordance with National Fire Protection Association standard 1911 - Standard for Maintenance, Testing and Retirement of In-Service Automotive Fire Apparatus, 2007 Edition and National Fire Protection Association standard 1932 - Standard on Use, Maintenance, and Service Testing of In-Service Fire Department Ground Ladders, 2004 Edition.
(3) When a course request is approved by Office of Fire Prevention and Control as part of a county's course hour allocation, the course will be scheduled, a course number will be assigned, a confirmed fire training schedule will be sent to the county fire coordinator and the instructor of record, and the appropriate number of training hours will be deducted from the county's allocation.
(4) Training courses delivered by the Nassau and Suffolk County fire academies will be administered using the standards applicable to the Municipal Training Program.
19 CRR-NY 438.4
Current through April 15, 2020
|End of Document||© 2020 Thomson Reuters. No claim to original U.S. Government Works.|