22 CRR-NY 108.5NY-CRR
OFFICIAL COMPILATION OF CODES, RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK
TITLE 22. JUDICIARY
SUBTITLE A. JUDICIAL ADMINISTRATION
CHAPTER I. STANDARDS AND ADMINISTRATIVE POLICIES
SUBCHAPTER C. RULES OF THE CHIEF ADMINISTRATOR OF THE COURTS
PART 108. FORMAT OF COURT TRANSCRIPTS AND RATES OF PAYMENT THEREFOR
22 CRR-NY 108.5
22 CRR-NY 108.5
108.5 Appendix: Court Reporter Minute Agreement Form.
COURT REPORTER MINUTE AGREEMENT FORM
(As required by section 108.4(a) of the Rules of the Chief Administrator of the Courts)
Please Type or Print Clearly
1. ______ Court, ______ County,
Part No. ____ Name of Judge/Justice _____
2. Name of case ______
3. Court Docket/File/Index Number __ 4. Date minutes requested __
5. Type of proceeding (check one or more):
Arraignment __ Application __ Hearing __ Plea __ Trial __ Sentence
6. Pursuant to section 108 of the Rules of the Chief Administrator of the Courts, the rates per page for transcripts of proceedings reported in New York State courts shall be as follows:
|Regular delivery:||$3.30 - $4.30 (original)|
|$1.00 (each copy)|
|Expedited delivery:||$4.40 - $5.40 (original)|
|$1.10 (each copy)|
|Daily delivery:||$5.50 - $6.50 (original)|
|$1.25 (each copy)|
7. Rate to be charged per page:
Regular __ Expedited __ Daily __Other __
No. of copies ordered __
8. Estimated number of pages:
9. Estimated delivery date __
10. Agreed to:
Court Reporter (signature)
Date of Agreement
|Name of Court Reporter__________||Name of Attorney/Party _____________|
|Telephone Number ______________||Telephone Number ____________|
|Fax Number ____________________||Fax Number ________________|
A copy of this agreement must be filed by the court reporter with his/her supervisor as designated by the Administrative Judge within 7 calendar days following the date of agreement.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING THE COURT REPORTER MINUTE AGREEMENT FORM
A written agreement must be completed whether the initial order is placed by telephone, mail, fax, e-mail or in person. If an order involves minutes to be transcribed for the same case, but from more than one court reporter, each reporter must complete a separate order form.
1. Enter the specific title of the court, e.g., Supreme Court, County Court, etc.; the county in which the court is located; the name or number of the Part in which the matter was heard; and the name of the judge who heard the case.
2. Enter the title of the case.
3. Enter the docket, file or index number, or any other identification assigned by the court to this case. If there is no number assigned, enter “None.”
4. Enter the date or dates of the minutes of the proceeding or portion thereof to be transcribed.
5. Indicate one or more types of proceedings to be transcribed.
6. This section is informational and requires no response.
7. Enter the amount of the per page rate to be charged and check the requested time for delivery.
8. The court reporter must estimate the number of pages for which there will be a charge. The actual number of pages cannot be known until the transcript is complete.
9. Enter the estimated date of delivery. Court reporters are expected to adhere to the estimated date of delivery set forth in the agreement. Ordinarily, court reporters are required to transcribe requests for transcripts in the order of receipt. However, where statutory or other provisions set forth in the Court Reporter Manual that require transcripts be produced immediately affect the date of delivery of previously-ordered transcripts, the court reporter will endeavor to use best efforts to notify the person ordering the transcript. Notification must be made in a timely fashion prior to the estimated date of delivery informing the requesting party of the reason for the delay and arranging for a new date of delivery.
10. The court reporter and the attorney or party ordering the transcript each must sign the agreement and provide their addresses and phone and fax numbers. The agreement must be dated.
• “Daily” means produced and delivered the morning of the next UCS workday.
• “Expedited” means produced and delivered within five UCS workdays for each day's or partial day's proceeding.
• “Regular” means produced and delivered in ordinary circumstances after the conclusion of proceedings, and including any production and delivery times that exceed those for daily or expedited copy.
• To qualify for the “copy” rate, a transcript or portion thereof must be ordered within 30 days from the date that the transcript or that portion thereof was previously ordered.
If you have any questions concerning this form or its contents, please contact the Supervising Court Reporter of Chief Clerk, as appropriate.
22 CRR-NY 108.5
Current through February 15, 2020
|End of Document||© 2020 Thomson Reuters. No claim to original U.S. Government Works.|