22 CRR-NY 108.3NY-CRR
OFFICIAL COMPILATION OF CODES, RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK
TITLE 22. JUDICIARY
SUBTITLE A. JUDICIAL ADMINISTRATION
CHAPTER I. STANDARDS AND ADMINISTRATIVE POLICIES
SUBCHAPTER C. RULES OF THE CHIEF ADMINISTRATOR OF THE COURTS
PART 108. FORMAT OF COURT TRANSCRIPTS AND RATES OF PAYMENT THEREFOR
22 CRR-NY 108.3
22 CRR-NY 108.3
108.3 Standard transcript specifications.
(a) Transcripts shall be on paper which is 8½ × 11 inches in size.
(b) Each page of a transcript shall conform to the following specifications:
(1) Each page, except those listed in subparagraphs (i) through (iii) of this paragraph, shall have 25 numbered lines of material thereon, excluding a line devoted to the title and page number:
(i) the page on which the title is included or, if transcription of the title requires more than one page, the last of such pages;
(ii) the page on which the index is included or, if transcription of the index requires more than one page, the last of such pages; and
(iii) for each day on which a court reporter takes minutes of proceedings in a case, the last page of the transcription thereof, or, where more than one court reporter takes minutes of the proceedings in a case, the last such page of each portion of the transcript furnished by each court reporter.
(2) There shall be 10-type characters per inch.
(3) The left-hand margin shall be indented 1¾ inches from the left-hand edge of the page and shall be marked by two lines, 1/16 of an inch apart, extending from the top to the bottom of each page. The right-hand margin shall be indented ⅜ of an inch from the right-hand edge and shall be marked by a single line extending from the top to the bottom of each page. Each line of transcribed material shall extend as closely as possible to the right-hand margin.
(4) The horizontal writing block shall be 65/16 inches. The vertical writing block shall be 9 inches.
(c) The testimony and colloquy portions of a transcript shall be in a format as follows:
(1) In the testimony portion, the first line of each question and each answer shall be indented five spaces from the left-hand margin and shall be commenced by a “Q” or “A” as appropriate. The text of each such line shall then commence 10 spaces from the left-hand margin. Each subsequent line of a question or answer shall commence at the left-hand margin.
(2) In the colloquy portion, the first line of each speaker's remarks shall be indented 15 spaces from the left-hand margin and shall be commenced with a designation of the speaker's name, followed by a colon, two spaces and the start of his or her remarks. Each subsequent line of such remarks shall be indented 5 spaces from the left-hand margin, except that the first line of each succeeding paragraph of such remarks shall be indented 15 spaces from the left-hand margin.
(d) The first page of each transcript shall include a title setting forth only the following:
(1) the court, the county or city of venue, and the part in which the proceedings were held;
(2) the name of the case;
(3) the number of the accusatory instrument(s) or case number(s), the charge and the nature of the proceedings;
(4) the address of the courthouse;
(5) the date(s) of the proceedings;
(6) the presiding authority;
(7) whether the proceedings were before a jury;
(8) the appearances of counsel for the parties; and
(9) the name of each court reporter and each court interpreter, if any.
A transcription of each subsequent day's proceedings shall include an abbreviated title setting forth only the matter specified in paragraphs (1) through (7) of this subdivision. Such abbreviated title shall also include a statement that the appearances of counsel are as previously recited, except that where there are changes in the appearances, such changes shall be set forth.
(e) Each transcript shall include a single index; except that, where more than one court reporter takes minutes of the proceedings in a case, there may be a separate index for each portion of the transcript of the proceedings furnished by each such court reporter. The index shall set forth the following:
(1) the party who called the witness, the name of each witness testifying in the proceedings recorded therein, together with the page or pages on which his or her testimony is given, and whether such testimony was given as part of direct examination, cross-examination or some other form of examination; and
(2) the party who preferred each exhibit, a description of each of the exhibits submitted by each party, together with the page or pages on which it was offered for identification and introduced into evidence.
(f) Sample transcript pages reflecting the specifications required herein are displayed in Chapter III of Subtitle D of this Title.
22 CRR-NY 108.3
Current through November 30, 2019
|End of Document||© 2020 Thomson Reuters. No claim to original U.S. Government Works.|