15 CRR-NY 122.2NY-CRR
15 CRR-NY 122.2
15 CRR-NY 122.2
122.2 Specifications of the ticket packet.
(a) The ticket packet shall be a multipage form of at least three parts, approximately 4¼ inches wide and 8½ inches high, including a half-inch stub for binding across the top.
(b) A serial number, in a series, form and color approved by the commissioner, shall be printed at the top of each part.
(c) Part I, the complaint, shall contain space for:
(1) motorist's name;
(3) date of birth;
(5) license identification;
(6) vehicle description;
(7) registration information;
(8) violation description;
(9) time and place of appearance; and
(10) complainant's name and affiliation.
(d) The appearance ticket shall be returnable to a local court having concurrent traffic jurisdiction and shall contain space for recording the same information as Part I, in addition to the warning contained in section 1807, Vehicle and Traffic Law. The reverse side shall include instructions for answering the summons.
(e) The summons shall contain space for recording the same information as Part I, in addition to the warning contained in section 1807, Vehicle and Traffic Law. The reverse shall contain a plea form and instructions for answering said summons.
(f) The appearance ticket and the summons shall be Parts II and III, but may be placed in either order.
(g) Part IV, the notice of violation, if applicable, shall contain such information as desired by the parking violations bureau of the jurisdiction involved.
(h) No ticket shall be used unless the type, color, form and layout are approved by the commissioner.
(i) Any objection to the form of ticket shall be made to an administrative law judge at the time of pleading. It shall be presumed that any ticket used by a police officer has been approved by the commissioner. Rebuttal of such presumption will be sustained where the objector proves by clear and convincing evidence that the ticket in question was not authorized for use by the commissioner.
(j) Electronic ticketing.
(1) In lieu of issuing traffic tickets to enforcement agencies, as provided in this Part, the commissioner may authorize law enforcement agencies to print any or all parts of the ticket packet and/or transfer the information contained thereon electronically. Such printing and/or transfer of information shall be authorized in all areas of the State of New York under the jurisdiction of the traffic violations bureau, as set forth in Vehicle and Traffic Law, article 2-A.
(2) Authorization to print any or all parts of the ticket packet and/or transfer information electronically shall not preclude any police agency from using paper ticket packets issued as provided in this Part.
(3) The format of ticket issued in an electronic form must conform substantially to a paper ticket, as prescribed by this Part. In addition, each ticket must have a unique and sequential identifying number assigned or approved by the commissioner.
15 CRR-NY 122.2
Current through May 31, 2019
|End of Document||© 2019 Thomson Reuters. No claim to original U.S. Government Works.|