9 CRR-NY 250.20NY-CRR
9 CRR-NY 250.20
9 CRR-NY 250.20
250.20 Special procedures for printing purchases.
(a) The printing and distribution of reports and other publications by agencies, departments, and authorities of the State, other than reports and publications which relate to the marketing or advertising of a service or product of an agency, department or authority, such exception to be documented in the agency's or department's annual report to the State Comptroller or in such authority's internal documents, shall provide for cost savings in accordance with the following guidelines and procedures, which shall be implemented in a manner that is consistent with the provisions of subdivisions five and six of section 355 of the Education Law:
(1) Reports and publications shall be as brief as may be practicable.
(2) Reports and publications shall use only uncoated, recyclable paper for cover and text and be of a standard size, such as 8½ inch by 11 inch, to minimize paper waste. Bleeds shall not be used.
(3) Reports and publications shall make limited use of photographs.
(4) Reports and publications shall not be printed in more than two colors, unless otherwise specifically permitted by law. Under extraordinary conditions, and with the proper justification, the Commissioner of General Services may approve the use of up to two additional colors.
(5) Covers are permitted and necessary for perfect bound reports and publications. Covers for other types of bound documents, such as saddlestitched, sidestitched, spiral bound or plastic bound, are permitted only when such covers are necessary and appropriate for the protection of the document. Use of sidestitched, spiral bound or plastic bound documents should be minimized due to the additional expense in the binding of these type documents.
(6) Reports and publications shall be printed utilizing both sides of a sheet of paper.
(7) Discs or camera-ready copy shall be provided to printers whenever possible.
(8) Proper planning, allowing for proof and production time, shall be utilized to minimize overtime and premium rates in printing operations.
(9) Distribution lists for reports and publications shall be reviewed at least annually to eliminate duplicate, excessive, unwanted and obsolete mailings.
(10) Reports and publications shall be mailed in combination, to the extent practicable and when possible, with mailing of other reports and publications.
(11) Reports and publications shall be eliminated or combined, to the extent practicable and when possible, with other reports and publications.
(b) Each department or agency shall file with the State Comptroller an annual report for each fiscal year setting forth its printing costs incurred pursuant to section 164-a of the Executive Law.
(1) The annual report shall contain the following information:
(i) a list of each printing project commenced during the fiscal year;
(ii) the specifications for each project;
(iii) for each project, a list of the vendors solicited, the bids received, the bid chosen and the price paid;
(iv) for each project, the estimate submitted by the department or agency's in-house printing facilities and the Office of General Services' central reproduction unit; and
(v) for each project, the date that bidding was advertised, the date that bids were received and the date the project was awarded.
(2) The annual report shall be filed with the State Comptroller within 30 days following the last day of the fiscal year.
9 CRR-NY 250.20
Current through September 30, 2019
|End of Document||© 2019 Thomson Reuters. No claim to original U.S. Government Works.|