9 CRR-NY 4.82NY-CRR
9 CRR-NY 4.82
9 CRR-NY 4.82
4.82 Executive Order No. 82: Establishing the Governor's Office for Hispanic Affairs.
WHEREAS, Members of the Hispanic community have contributed significantly to the State and its government to the benefit of all of the people in the State;
WHEREAS, The State must continue to be responsive to the special needs and concerns of its Hispanic citizens; and
WHEREAS, A mechanism must be established to ensure that members of the Hispanic community have opportunities to participate in all levels of government:
NOW, THEREFORE, I, Mario M. Cuomo, Governor of the State of New York, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the State of New York, do hereby order as follows:
I. Governor's Office for Hispanic Affairs
There is hereby created an office to be known as the Governor' s Office for Hispanic Affairs (the “ Office”), which shall be part of the Executive Chamber. An Executive Director of the Office shall be appointed by the Governor to act as the Governor's liaison to the Hispanic community.
II. Purposes and Responsibilities of the Office
(1) The Office shall advise and provide information and assistance as appropriate, concerning the following areas:
(1) (a) development of increased opportunities for involvement of Hispanics in all aspects of State government;
(1) (b) policies which concern the quality of life of the Hispanic community; and
(1) (c) opportunities for business enterprises owned by Hispanics to participate in State contracts.
(2) The Office shall serve as a clearinghouse for information and material relevant to the Hispanic community which shall be disseminated in Spanish and English.
(3) The Office shall act as Ombudsman/Advocate for the Hispanic community.
(4) The Office shall be responsible for the coordination of special interagency projects, specialized studies and evaluation of interagency issues.
(5) The Office shall monitor implementation of recommendations made by State agencies and the Governor's Advisory Committee for Hispanic Affairs in the continuing effort to meet the special needs of the Hispanic community.
(6) The Office, in conjunction with the Governor's Executive Committee for Affirmative Action, the President of the Civil Service Commission, the Commissioner of the Division of Human Rights, the Secretary to the Governor, the Director of State Operations, the Director of Administration (appointments), the Director of the Office of State Contract Compliance and Minority and Women- Owned Business Enterprises, the Secretary of State, the Director of the Budget, the Commissioner of Labor, the Director of Employee Relations, the Director of the Women' s Division, the Advocate for the Disabled, and the New York State Director of Veterans' Affairs, shall take necessary steps to assist the effective implementation of programs to increase employment opportunities for Hispanics in State government.
(7) The Office may request and shall receive from any department, division, board, bureau, commission or agency of the State such information and assistance that will enable it to carry out its purpose and responsibilities hereunder.
Signed: Mario M. Cuomo
Dated: May 2, 1986
9 CRR-NY 4.82
Current through January 31, 2020
|End of Document||© 2020 Thomson Reuters. No claim to original U.S. Government Works.|