6 CRR-NY App. 25NY-CRR
6 CRR-NY App. 25
6 CRR-NY App. 25
(cf. Subpart 373-3)
The recordkeeping provisions of section 373-2.5(c) and 373-3.5(c) specify that an owner or operator must keep a written operating record at the facility. This Appendix provides additional instructions for keeping portions of the operating record.
The following information must be recorded, as it becomes available, and maintained in the operating record until closure of the facility in the following manner:
Records of each hazardous waste received, treated, stored or disposed of at the facility, which include the following:
(i) A description by its common name and the EPA Hazardous Waste Number(s) from 6 NYCRR Part 371 which apply to the waste. The waste description also must include the waste's physical form, i.e., liquid, sludge, solid or contained gas. If the waste is not listed in section 371.4, the description also must include the process that produced it (for example, solid filter cake from production of _______, EPA Hazardous Waste Number W051).
Each hazardous waste listed in section 371.4, and each hazardous waste characteristic defined in section 371.3, has a four-digit EPA Hazardous Waste Number assigned to it. This number must be used for recordkeeping and reporting purposes. Where a hazardous waste contains more than one listed hazardous waste, or where more than one hazardous waste characteristic applies to the waste, the waste description must include all applicable EPA Hazardous Waste Numbers.
(ii) The estimated or manifest-reported weight, or volume and density, where applicable, in one of the units of measure specified in Table 1.
(iii) The method(s) (by handling code[s] as specified in Table 2) and date(s) of treatment, storage or disposal.
|Unit of measure||Code1|
Gallons per hour
Gallons per day
Liters per hour
Liters per day
Short tons per hour
Metric tons per hour
Short tons per day
Metric tons per day
Pounds per hour
Kilograms per hour
Tonnes (1000 kg)
Btu's per hour
Handling Codes for Treatment, Storage and Disposal Methods
Enter the handling code(s) listed below that most closely represents the technique(s) used at the facility to treat, store or dispose of each quantity of hazardous waste received.
1. Storage. S01 Container (barrel, drum, etc.) S02 Tank S03 Waste pile S04 Surface impoundment S05 Drip pad S06 Containment building (storage) S99 Other storage (specify)
(a) Thermal treatment. T06 Liquid injection incinerator T07 Rotary kiln incinerator T08 Fluidized bed incinerator T09 Multiple hearth incinerator T10 Infrared furnace incinerator T11 Molten salt destructor T12 Pyrolysis T13 Wet air oxidation T14 Calcination T15 Microwave discharge T18 Other (specify)
(b) Chemical treatment. T19 Absorption mound T20 Absorption field T21 Chemical fixation T22 Chemical oxidation T23 Chemical precipitation T24 Chemical reduction T25 Chlorination T26 Chlorinolysis T27 Cyanide destruction T28 Degradation T29 Detoxification T30 Ion exchange T3l Neutralization T32 Ozonation T33 Photolysis T34 Other (specify)
(c) Physical treatment.
(1) Separation of components. T35 Centrifugation T36 Clarification T37 Coagulation T38 Decanting T39 Encapsulation T40 Filtration T41 Flocculation T42 Flotation T43 Foaming T44 Sedimentation T45 Thickening T46 Ultrafiltration T47 Other (specify)
(2) Removal of specific components. T48 Absorption-molecular sieve T49 Activated carbon T50 Blending T51 Catalysis T52 Crystallization T53 Dialysis T54 Distillation T55 Electrodialysis T56 Electrolysis T57 Evaporation T58 High gradient magnetic separation T59 Leaching T60 Liquid ion exchange T61 Liquid-liquid extraction T62 Reverse osmosis T63 Solvent recovery T64 Stripping T65 Sand filter T66 Other (specify)
(d) Biological treatment. T67 Activated sludge T68 Aerobic lagoon T69 Aerobic tank T70 Anaerobic tank T71 Composting T72 Septic tank T73 Spray irrigation T74 Thickening filter T75 Trickling filter T76 Waste stabilization pond T77 Other (specify) T78-79 (Reserved)
(e) Boilers and industrial furnaces. T80 Boiler T81 Cement kiln T82 Line kiln T83 Aggregate kiln T84 Phosphate kiln T85 Coke oven T86 Blast furnace T87 Smelting, melting, or refining furnace T88 Titanium dioxide chloride process oxidation reactor T89 Methane reforming furnace T90 Pulping liquor recovery furnace T91 Combustion device used in the recovery of sulfur values from spent acid T92 Halogen acid furnaces T93 Other industrial furnaces listed in section 370.2 of this Title (specify)
(f) Other treatment. T94 Containment building (treatment)
3. Disposal. D79 Underground injection D80 Landfill D81 Land treatment D82 Ocean disposal D83 Surface impoundment (to be closed as a landfill) D99 Other disposal (specify)
4. Miscellaneous. X01 Open burning/open detonation X02 Mechanical processing X03 Thermal unit X04 Geologic repository X99 Other (specify)
Single digit symbols are used here for data processing purposes.
6 CRR-NY App. 25
Current through April 15, 2020
|End of Document||© 2020 Thomson Reuters. No claim to original U.S. Government Works.|