8 CRR-NY 149-2.3NY-CRR
OFFICIAL COMPILATION OF CODES, RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK
TITLE 8. EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
CHAPTER II. REGULATIONS OF THE COMMISSIONER
SUBCHAPTER I. SCHOLARSHIPS AND GRANTS
PART 149. SETASIDES FOR COMPENSATORY EDUCATION, ATTENDANCE IMPROVEMENT AND DROPOUT PREVENTION AND EARLY GRADE INTERVENTION
SUBPART 149-2. SETASIDE FOR ATTENDANCE IMPROVEMENT AND DROPOUT PREVENTION
8 CRR-NY 149-2.3
8 CRR-NY 149-2.3
149-2.3 Attendance plan.
(a) A school district required to set aside funding pursuant to section 3602(12)(f) of the Education Law for attendance improvement and dropout prevention shall file a plan with the commissioner by July 15th of the current year detailing a program pursuant to improve attendance and student retention which shall indicate how the district will use the funds required to be set aside for such purposes; provided that for the 1993-94 school year such plan shall be submitted no later than September 1, 1993.
(b) Such plan shall:
(1) provide for the targeting of monies to school buildings with chronic truancy rates equal to or higher than the district median;
(2) detail how programs funded under this will be coordinated with the dropout prevention programs of local public and private community agencies and organizations;
(3) detail procedures for reviewing the attendance and academic records of all pupils in the district during the two-year period prior to entrance into high school for the purpose of identifying pupils with a high risk of truancy and academic failure, including but not limited to victims of child abuse or neglect, or pupils who are in foster care;
(4) detail how services will be provided to such students in conjunction with plans for schoolwide improvement where appropriate;
(5) provide for services to pregnant pupils, and parenting pupils and for coordination of such services with those services provided to such pupils by local social services districts;
(6) provide for services to pupils who are members of households receiving public assistance, and who reside in hotels, motels, shelters or other temporary living arrangements and for coordination of such services with those services provided by local social services districts;
(7) provide for the coordination of services under this Subpart with those provided from the setaside for compensatory education under Subpart 149-1 of this Part and from the educationally related support services apportionment under subdivision 32 of section 3602 of the Education Law, where appropriate;
(8) provide for the coordination of services under this section with those required under section 243-a of the Executive Law;
(9) provide for parental involvement; and
(10) provide, to the greatest extent practicable, an expansion of services to schools which currently receive no services and contain high concentrations of limited English proficient pupils.
(c) Such plan shall specify measurable performance goals and outcomes for the improvement of pupil performance, attendance and student retention and shall provide for an examination of existing district and targeted building practices to determine the effectiveness of such practices. National and State validated programs that have proven successful in increasing attendance, improving at-risk pupil performance and reducing dropout rates and recent research and evaluation studies of New York State attendance improvement dropout prevention programs shall be considered in the planning process.
(d) A city school district in a city having a population of more than one million inhabitants shall file a plan pursuant to this section containing only such programs as are selected by the Chancellor with the approval of the commissioner from replicable model attendance improvement/dropout prevention programs which have demonstrated effectiveness.
8 CRR-NY 149-2.3
Current through November 30, 2020
|End of Document|