8 CRR-NY 90.5NY-CRR
8 CRR-NY 90.5
8 CRR-NY 90.5
90.5 Reference and research library resources systems.
(1) The trustees shall employ a full-time director who is a trained professional librarian and who has had at least eight full years of post-masters of library science professional library experience, at least two years of which shall have been in an administrative capacity, or equivalent experience as determined by the commissioner, and who holds, or is eligible for, certification under section 90.7 of this Part.
(2) Prior to commencement of his or her duties, the treasurer of a reference and research library resources system, appointed pursuant to section 90.6(c)(1) of this Part, shall be bonded with such penalty and sureties as the board shall direct and approve.
(3) Voting. Each voting member institution of a reference and research library resources system shall have one vote in the election of each trustee at the annual meeting, and each member institution shall designate an official representative who shall have the authority to cast the member institution's vote.
(1) Each reference and research library resources system shall include all public library systems which provide service within the area served by the system and which have applied for membership and all school library systems some part of which falls within the area served by the system and which have applied for membership.
(2) Each reference and research library resources system may also include public, school, free association, hospital, and Indian libraries, libraries of educational agencies, libraries of nonprofit organizations, and other special libraries that provide service within the area served by the system, provided they meet the criteria for membership approved in the annual report except that no public, free association or Indian library which is not a member of a public library system or school library which is not a member of a school library system shall be eligible for membership in a reference and research library resources system.
(c) Plan of service.
(1) Each reference and research library resources system shall submit for approval by the commissioner a plan of service in a form and by a date prescribed by the commissioner. Such plan shall be developed and kept current through revisions made with the ongoing participation of members in the region. The plan of service defines the mutual commitments, responsibilities and obligations of the reference and research library resources system and its members in meeting the service needs of the area served and statewide library service goals.
(2) In addition to the information required by paragraph d of subdivision 2 of section 272 of the Education Law, the plan shall include, but need not be limited to:
(i) a description of programs to meet needs in services, materials and facilities;
(ii) a description of the system's efforts to maximize and leverage local resources, responsibility, initiative and support of library services. State aid should be used in the stimulation of local efforts, but not as their substitute;
(iii) an assurance that public funds will be utilized economically and efficiently;
(iv) the means by which the system will assure compatability of its computerized and other technical operations with those of other library systems in the State and the New York State Library;
(v) the identification of special client groups, their needs, and the means for meeting these needs;
(vi) a description of the means for locating library materials within the system area and the procedures for accepting, verifying and responding to loan requests, including delivery;
(vii) an indication of the manner in which the reference and research library resources system strengthens the programs of its members;
(viii) evidence that all types of members in the region participate in the development of the plan and that the plan balances the needs of all types of members; and
(ix) activities involving professional development, education, and training.
No later than September first, each reference and research library resources system shall transmit to the department, on forms prescribed by the commissioner, an annual report for the 12-month period ending the previous June 30th.
8 CRR-NY 90.5
Current through June 30, 2021
|End of Document|