8 CRR-NY 80-5.14NY-CRR
OFFICIAL COMPILATION OF CODES, RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK
TITLE 8. EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
CHAPTER II. REGULATIONS OF THE COMMISSIONER
SUBCHAPTER C. TEACHERS
PART 80. REQUIREMENTS FOR TEACHERS' CERTIFICATES AND TEACHING PRACTICE
SUBPART 80-5. REQUIREMENTS RELATING TO CLASSROOM TEACHING AND EDUCATIONAL LEADERSHIP PRACTICE AND SPECIALIZED CREDENTIALS
8 CRR-NY 80-5.14
8 CRR-NY 80-5.14
80-5.14 Transitional C certificate for career changers and others holding a graduate academic or graduate professional degree for all titles in the classroom teaching service.
(a) General requirements.
(1) Time validity. The transitional C certificate shall be valid for three years from its effective date.
(2) Limitations. The transitional C certificate shall authorize a candidate to teach only in a school district for which a commitment for employment has been made. In addition, it shall only be valid as long as the candidate is matriculated in good standing in a teacher education program leading to the professional certificate, unless the candidate has completed such program.
(b) The candidate shall meet the requirements in each of the following paragraphs:
(1) Education. A candidate shall hold a graduate academic or graduate professional degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education or from an institution authorized by the Board of Regents to confer degrees. A candidate shall complete study in the means for identifying and reporting suspected child abuse and maltreatment, which shall include at least two clock hours of coursework or training in the identification and reporting of suspected child abuse or maltreatment in accordance with the requirements of section 3004 of the Education Law. In addition, the candidate who applies for the certificate on or after February 2, 2001, shall complete at least two clock hours of coursework or training in school violence prevention and intervention, as required by section 3004 of the Education Law, which is provided by a provider approved or deemed approved by the department pursuant to Subpart 57-2 of this Title. A candidate who applies for the certificate on or after December 31, 2013, shall also complete at least six clock hours, of which at least three hours must be conducted through faceto-face instruction, of coursework or training in harassment, bullying and discrimination prevention and intervention, as required by section 14 of the Education Law.
(i) Candidates who apply for a Transitional C certificate on or after May 1, 2014 or who apply for a Transitional C certificate on or before April 30, 2014 but do not meet all the requirements for an initial certificate on or before April 30, 2014, shall submit evidence of having achieved a satisfactory level of performance on the educating all students test and the content specialty test.
(3) Admission into an intensive program. The candidate shall submit satisfactory evidence of having been admitted into an intensive program leading to a professional certificate, as prescribed in section 52.21(b)(3)(xvi) of this Title.
(4) Employment and support commitment. The candidate shall submit satisfactory evidence of having a commitment from a school district of three years of employment as a teacher with the school district in the area of the certificate sought, which includes mentoring and support as prescribed in section 52.21(b)(3)(xvi) of this Title.
8 CRR-NY 80-5.14
Current through October 31, 2020
|End of Document|