6 CRR-NY 231-7.3NY-CRR
OFFICIAL COMPILATION OF CODES, RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK
TITLE 6. DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL CONSERVATION
CHAPTER III. AIR RESOURCES
SUBCHAPTER A. PREVENTION AND CONTROL OF AIR CONTAMINATION AND AIR POLLUTION
PART 231. NEW SOURCE REVIEW FOR NEW AND MODIFIED FACILITIES
SUBPART 231-7. NEW MAJOR FACILITIES AND MODIFICATIONS TO EXISTING NON-MAJOR FACILITIES IN ATTAINMENT AREAS (PREVENTION OF SIGNIFICANT DETERIORATION)
6 CRR-NY 231-7.3
6 CRR-NY 231-7.3
231-7.3 Permit application content.
The information required in a permit application is set forth in Part 201 of this Title and generally in Subpart 231-11 of this Part. In addition, the following information must be included with the permit application at the time the application is submitted to the department, unless otherwise specified:
(a) Air quality impact analyses according to Subpart 231-12 of this Part.
(b) A BACT review in accordance with section 231-7.6 of this Part.
(c) Source impact analysis.
The applicant must demonstrate according to the provisions of Subpart 231-12 (Ambient Air Quality Impact Analysis) of this Part that allowable emission increases from the proposed new or modified facility, in conjunction with all other applicable emissions increases or reductions (including secondary emissions), would not cause or significantly contribute to air pollution in violation of:
(1) any national ambient air quality standard in any air quality control region;
(2) any applicable maximum allowable increase over the baseline concentration in any area; and
(3) any other applicable requirements identified in Subpart 231-12 of this Part, and section 231-7.4(f) of this Subpart including visibility and air quality related value (AQRV) analyses for Federal class I areas, as applicable.
(d) Source information.
The applicant must submit all information necessary to perform any analysis or make any determination required under this section and Subpart 231-12 of this Part, including:
(1) a detailed description as to what system of continuous emission reduction is planned for the facility, emission estimates, and any other information necessary to determine that best available control technology would be applied;
(2) information on the air quality impacts, and the nature and extent of any or all general commercial, residential, industrial, and other growth which has occurred since August 7, 1977, in the area the facility would affect, upon request of the department; and
(3) a demonstration of the stack height, consistent with good engineering practice pursuant to 40 CFR 51.100(ii) and section 231-7.4(e) of this Subpart.
(e) Additional impact analyses.
(1) The owner or operator must provide an analysis of the impairment to visibility, soils and vegetation that would occur as a result of the proposed new or modified facility, and general commercial, residential, industrial and other growth associated with the proposed new or modified facility. The owner or operator does not have to provide an analysis of the impact on vegetation if the vegetation has no ecological or significant commercial or recreational value.
(2) The owner or operator must provide an analysis of the air quality impact projected for the area as a result of general commercial, residential, industrial and other growth associated with the proposed new or modified facility.
6 CRR-NY 231-7.3
Current through November 30, 2019
|End of Document||© 2020 Thomson Reuters. No claim to original U.S. Government Works.|