6 CRR-NY 190.28NY-CRR
6 CRR-NY 190.28
6 CRR-NY 190.28
190.28 Foot trail easements—Adirondack Mountain Reserve.
This section applies to foot trail easements granted by the Adirondack Mountain Reserve to the State of New York by deed dated June 12, 1978, Book 660, Page 197, filed in the Essex County Clerk's Office at Elizabethtown, NY.
For the purpose of this section, foot travel by the general public is permitted on the following trails which are located on the property of the Adirondack Mountain Reserve, subject to the terms of the foot trail easement and the prohibitions hereinafter set forth:
(1) trail to Mounts Marcy and Haystack from the northeast end of the Upper Ausable Lake;
(2) trail to Sawteeth Mountain (sometimes spelled Sawtooth) from the northeast end of the Upper Ausable Lake;
(3) the Carry Trail between the Lower and Upper Ausable Lakes;
(4) the Stowe Memorial Trail;
(5) the so-called “Scenic Trail” up Sawteeth (Sawtooth) Mountain from the northeast end of the Lower Ausable Lake;
(6) the Alfred Weld Trail to the summit of Gothics Mountain from the northeast end of the Lower Ausable Lake, including a short spur trail to the foot of Rainbow Falls;
(7) the Lost Lookout Trail;
(8) the trail to Gothics Mountain summit from the Lake Road near the 1638-foot bench mark. This trail crosses the East and West River Trails;
(9) the Wedge Brook Trail from the West River Trail to the summits of Lower and Upper Wolfjaw Mountains;
(10) the West River Trail from the Lake Road near the Ausable Club clubhouse to the Lower Ausable Lake;
(11) the East River Trail from the Lake Road near the Ausable Club clubhouse to the Lower Ausable Lake;
(12) the trail network known as Cathedral Rocks and Bear Run, including a spur trail to a lookout on the flank of Lower Wolfjaw Mountain;
(13) the trail from the start of the Lake Road to Snow and Roostercomb Mountains, and to the summit of Lower Wolfjaw Mountain via the W.A. White Trail;
(14) the circuit trail known as “The Ladies' Mile”;
(15) the trail leading to the summits of Noonmark and Dix Mountains. The northern approach to Noonmark is known as the Henry L. Stimson Trail. The southern approach is known as the Felix Adler Trail;
(16) the Henry Goddard Leach Trail over Bear Den and Dial Mountains to the summit of Nippletop Mountain;
(17) the Gill Brook Trail from the Lake Road to the summits of Indian Head, Colvin and Nippletop Mountains;
(18) a spur trail to No. 17 from 1927 foot bench mark on the Lake Road;
(19) a trail from the Gill Brook Trail to the summit of Indian Head Mountain;
(20) a trail from the northeast end of the Lower Ausable Lake to the summit of Indian Head;
(21) the trail from the summit of Indian Head to the Gill Brook Trail via Fish Hawk Cliffs;
(22) the trail from the southwest end of the Lower Ausable Lake to the summits of Colvin and Blake Mountains;
(23) proposed cutoff trail to be built from junction of Crystal Brook Trail and trail to Marcy and Haystack from the northeast end of Upper Ausable Lake to Elk Lake-March Trail; and
(24) the Lake Road extending from the clubhouse of the Ausable Club to the Lower Ausable Lake.
(1) No person shall enter upon trails 1 through 24 located on the Adirondack Mountain Reserve for purposes other than access to and egress from adjacent State-owned lands or hiking on these trails.
(2) No person shall carry firearms on Adirondack Mountain Reserve foot trail easements except at such times and on such trails as are hereinafter specified.
(3) No person shall carry a firearm or be accompanied by a person carrying a firearm under any circumstances when using Trails 2, 4, 5, 7, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 18, 19, 20 and 21.
(4) No person shall carry a firearm or be accompanied by a person carrying a firearm when using Trail 1, 3, 6, 8, 9, 10, 16, 17, 22, 23 or 24 except during such part of the annual Big Game and Small Game Seasons in the Northern Zone as shall occur from October 15th through December 15th and from January 15th through March 15th.
(5) No person shall carry a firearm when otherwise permitted unless said firearm is unloaded and either securely fastened in a case or taken down as defined in section 180.3 of this Title.
6 CRR-NY 190.28
Current through April 30, 2021
|End of Document|