6 CRR-NY 1.21NY-CRR
6 CRR-NY 1.21
6 CRR-NY 1.21
1.21 Hunting under deer management permits.
This section contains the regulations for the use of deer management permits. A deer management permit (DMP) is a special permit issued to an individual or group of individuals allowing the holder to take a deer in a specified wildlife management unit (WMU) in addition to any deer an individual may otherwise legally take. WMUs are defined in section 4.1 of this Title.
(b) Open season.
DMPs are valid during any deer hunting season. Use of DMPs during the bowhunting or muzzleloader season requires possession of a valid big game license granting special bowhunting or muzzleloading season privileges.
(c) Manner of taking and reporting.
(1) An individual or group of individuals holding a DMP may hunt pursuant to such permit only in the WMU specified thereon.
(2) Only an individual named on a DMP or an individual holding a DMP that has been consigned to him/her shall hunt for or take the additional deer permitted by the DMP and shall only do so when in possession of a valid license to hunt deer plus the DMP carcass tag/report tag.
(i) The individual named on the DMP may authorize other properly licensed hunters to possess and use the DMP by signing the transfer block on the DMP. There is no limit on the number of hunters who may receive and possess the DMP. Only the hunter possessing the DMP while afield may use it to take an additional deer.
(ii) The hunter receiving the consigned DMP may possess and use the DMP to take an additional deer by writing, in indelible ink (or indelible pencil), the DMP number in the space provided on the face of his or her license to hunt deer. No person shall possess afield the DMP of another unless the consigned DMP number appears in the space provided on the face of his or her license.
(iii) An individual licensed to hunt deer may receive and use no more than two DMPs from other individuals during the license year.
(3) The manner of tagging and transporting deer taken on a DMP or bonus DMP shall be as described in Environmental Conservation Law 11-0911.
(4) Hunters taking a deer pursuant to this section must report as specified in section 180.10 of this Title, except as provided in section 1.20(k) of this Part.
(d) Other regulations.
(1) Deer taken pursuant to this section must not be transported without the carcass tag attached to it and without following the provisions of subdivisions 4 and 5 of section 11-0911 of the Environmental Conservation Law.
(2) The hunting and taking of deer pursuant to this section shall conform with laws governing hunting implements and hours specified for deer hunting in article 11 of the Environmental Conservation Law.
6 CRR-NY 1.21
Current through October 15, 2021
|End of Document