(a) This subtitle does not apply to:
(1) a dentist or professional dental corporation that accepts payment on a fee-for-service basis for providing specific dental services to individual patients for whom the services have been prediagnosed;
(2) an authorized insurer whose activities are authorized and regulated under other provisions of this article;
(3) a nonprofit health service plan that is subject to Subtitle 1 of this title;
(4) a health maintenance organization that is authorized by and subject to Title 19, Subtitle 7 of the Health-General Article; or
(5) a dental plan whose regulation by the State is preempted by federal law.
Dental plan organizations
(b) In addition to the provisions of this subtitle, dental plan organizations are subject to the provisions of Title 2, Subtitle 5 of this article.
Added by Acts 1997, c. 35, § 2, eff. Oct. 1, 1997. Amended by Acts 1998, c. 774, § 4, eff. July 1, 1999.
Formerly Art. 48A, § 582.
Current through all legislation from the 2022 Regular Session of the General Assembly. Some statute sections may be more current, see credits for details.