The Board may suspend or revoke the license issued to any licensee under this subtitle, if the licensee:
(1) Fails to provide suitable food, water, and shelter for a horse under the control of the licensee;
(2) Maintains an unsanitary or unfit horse establishment;
(3) Fails to provide suitable saddles, bridles, harnesses, and other tack or equipment;
(4) Allows unfit horses to be used for riding or driving purposes;
(5) Refuses to allow a member of the Board to enter and inspect the licensed premises;
(6) Obstructs any member of the Board in the performance of his duties;
(7) Commits an act of cruelty as defined in § 10-601 of the Criminal Law Article, or allows the commission of an act of cruelty by any other person with relation to any horse under the control of the licensee;
(8) Does any other action that, in the opinion of the Board, taking into consideration the welfare of the horses under the control of the licensee, shows that the licensee is unfit to operate a horse establishment; or
(9) Fails to comply with the rules and regulations of the Board after receiving a license.
Acts 1968, c. 474; Acts 1976, c. 380, § 1; Acts 1980, c. 618, § 2; Acts 1988, c. 64. Amended by Acts 2002, c. 213, § 6, eff. Oct. 1, 2002; Acts 2007, c. 100, § 1, eff. Oct. 1, 2007; Acts 2012, c. 19, § 1, eff. July 1, 2012.
MD Code, Agriculture, § 2-715, MD AGRIC § 2-715
Current through all legislation from the 2019 Regular Session of the General Assembly.