West's Annotated Code of Maryland
Health Occupations (Refs & Annos)
Title 14. Physicians (Refs & Annos)
Subtitle 5e. Perfusionists (Refs & Annos)
Effective: October 1, 2014
MD Code, Health Occupations, § 14-5E-06
§ 14-5E-06. Committee members
(a) The Committee consists of seven members, appointed by the Board as follows:
(1)(i) On or before September 30, 2013, three individuals who practice perfusion and who:
1. Are certified by a national certifying board; and
2. Have a minimum of 2 years experience; and
(ii) On or after October 1, 2013, three licensed perfusionists;
(2) Three physicians, at least one of whom performs cardiac or cardio-thoracic surgery or is a cardiac anesthesiologist; and
(b) The consumer member of the Committee:
(1) Shall be a member of the general public;
(2) May not practice or ever have practiced perfusion or any health care profession;
(3) May not be or ever have been in training to practice perfusion or any other health care profession;
(4) May not have a household member who is a health care professional or is in training to be a health care professional; and
(i) Participate or ever have participated in a commercial or professional field related to perfusion;
(ii) Have a household member who participates in a commercial or professional field related to perfusion;
(iii) Have had within 2 years before appointment a financial interest in a person regulated by the Board; or
(iv) Have had within 2 years before appointment a financial interest in the provision of goods or services to perfusionists or to the field of perfusion.
(c)(1) The term of a member is 3 years.
(2) The terms of members are staggered as required by the terms provided for members of the Committee on October 1, 2012.
(3) At the end of a term, a member continues to serve until a successor is appointed and qualifies.
(4) A member who is appointed after a term has begun serves only for the rest of the term and until a successor is appointed and qualifies.
(d)(1) From among its members, the Committee shall elect a chair every 2 years.
(2) The chair shall serve in an advisory capacity to the Board as a representative of the Committee.
Added by Acts 2011, c. 588, § 2, eff. Oct. 1, 2012. Amended by Acts 2013, c. 401, § 1, eff. May 2, 2013; Acts 2014, c. 609, § 1, eff. Oct. 1, 2014.
Current with legislation effective through July 1, 2023, from the 2023 Regular Session of the General Assembly. Some statute sections may be more current, see credits for details.