(a) The Unit shall maintain a list of all registrants and registered sales representatives.
(b)(1) The Unit shall make available to each applicant for registration as a home builder or home builder sales representative a copy of this title and other applicable laws and regulations.
(2) The Unit shall make available to each registrant and each registered sales representative any amendments to this title or other applicable laws or regulations at least 30 days before the effective date of the amendments.
(c)(1) In consultation with the home building industry, the Unit shall develop a consumer information pamphlet written in plain English that describes:
(i) the rights and remedies of consumers in the purchase of a new home; and
(ii) any other information that the Division considers reasonably necessary to assist consumers.
(2) The Division shall provide each registered home builder with a sufficient number of copies of the consumer information pamphlets as needed by the home builder.
(3) A home builder shall provide each contract purchaser with the consumer information pamphlet before entering into a contract for the initial sale of a new home.
(4) The contract purchaser shall acknowledge in writing the receipt of the consumer information pamphlet.
(5) The failure of a home builder to provide a copy of the consumer information pamphlet to a contract purchaser may not be used as a basis for invalidation of the contract for the initial sale of a new home.
(d) The Unit shall collect and maintain information on the resolution of consumer complaints involving new home builders or home builder sales representatives.
Added by Acts 2000, c. 522, § 1, eff. Jan. 1, 2001. Amended by Acts 2008, c. 480, § 1, eff. Oct. 1, 2008; Acts 2008, c. 481, § 1, eff. Oct. 1, 2008; Acts 2009, c. 60, § 1, eff. April 14, 2009.
MD Code, Business Regulation, § 4.5-202, MD BUS REG § 4.5-202
Current with legislation effective through July 1, 2023, from the 2023 Regular Session of the General Assembly. Some statute sections may be more current, see credits for details.