West's Annotated Code of Maryland
Health Occupations (Refs & Annos)
Title 12. Pharmacists and Pharmacies (Refs & Annos)
Subtitle 4. Pharmacy Permits (Refs & Annos)
Effective: October 1, 2013
MD Code, Health Occupations, § 12-406
§ 12-406. Pharmacy permits; authorized activities
(a) A pharmacy permit authorizes the pharmacy permit holder to establish and operate the pharmacy while the pharmacy permit is effective.
Wholesale distribution business
(b)(1) Subject to paragraphs (2) and (3) of this subsection, a pharmacy permit holder may conduct wholesale distribution, if:
(i) The wholesale distribution business does not exceed 5% of the pharmacy permit holder's annual sales; and
(ii) The pharmacy permit holder:
1. Maintains records of wholesale distribution separately from its other records; and
2. Makes the records of wholesale distribution available for inspection by the Board.
(2) A pharmacy permit holder that obtains a waiver from the Board under § 12-403(d) of this subtitle may conduct wholesale distribution only with another pharmacy permit holder.
(3) A retail pharmacy that holds a pharmacy permit may conduct wholesale distribution only with:
(i) Another pharmacy permit holder; and
(ii) A wholesale distributor if the retail pharmacy:
1. Reports to the Board that the retail pharmacy is conducting wholesale distribution with a wholesale distributor; and
2. A. Maintains records of wholesale distribution with wholesale distributors separately from its records of wholesale distribution with pharmacy permit holders; and
B. Makes the records of wholesale distribution available for inspection by the Board.
Added by Acts 1981, c. 8, § 2, eff. July 1, 1981. Amended by Acts 1990, c. 6, § 11, eff. Feb. 16, 1990; Acts 2013, c. 298, § 1, eff. Oct. 1, 2013; Acts 2013, c. 621, § 1, eff. Oct. 1, 2013; Acts 2014, c. 45, § 5.
Current through all legislation from the 2022 Regular Session of the General Assembly. Some statute sections may be more current, see credits for details.