West's Annotated Code of Maryland
Business Occupations and Professions
Title 13. Private Detectives (Refs & Annos)
Subtitle 2. Secretary (Refs & Annos)
MD Code, Business Occupations & Professions, § 13-202
§ 13-202. Powers and duties of Secretary
Regulations, investigation of applicants
(a) In addition to any powers set forth elsewhere, the Secretary may:
(1) adopt regulations to carry out this title;
(2) use any member of the Department of State Police, as necessary, to carry out and enforce this title; and
(3) make inquiries and conduct an investigation regarding any applicant:
(ii) for employment with a licensee as a private detective.
Regulations, roster of certified private detectives
(b) In addition to any duties set forth elsewhere, the Secretary shall:
(1) adopt regulations that set standards for the certification of employees of private detective agencies as private detectives;
(2) keep a roster of the individuals certified as private detectives under this title, including on the roster:
(i) the names of individuals certified;
(ii) the name of the licensed private detective agency with or by which each individual is associated or employed; and
(iii) any other information that the Secretary considers appropriate; and
(3) adopt by regulation a schedule of fines for violations of this title that may be assessed by the Secretary under §§ 13-313 and 13-409 of this title.
Added by Acts 1989, c. 3, § 1, eff. Oct. 1, 1989. Amended by Acts 1994, c. 165, § 3, eff. July 1, 1994; Acts 1994, c. 166, § 3, eff. July 1, 1994; Acts 1995, c. 3, § 2, eff. March 7, 1995; Acts 1996, c. 602, § 2, eff. Oct. 1, 1996; Acts 2001, c. 649, § 1, eff. Oct. 1, 2001.
MD Code, Business Occupations & Professions, § 13-202, MD BUS OCCUP & PROF § 13-202
Current through all legislation from the 2019 Regular Session of the General Assembly.