West's Annotated Code of Maryland
Business Regulation (Refs & Annos)
Title 17. Miscellaneous State Business Licenses (Refs & Annos)
Subtitle 17. Micro Markets (Refs & Annos)
Effective: October 1, 2018
MD Code, Business Regulation, § 17-1701
(a) In this subtitle the following words have the meanings indicated.
(b) “Food service facility” has the meaning stated in § 21-301 of the Health--General Article.
(c) “Micro market” means an unstaffed, self-checkout retail food service facility that:
(1) includes one or more micro market displays;
(2) has an automated payment kiosk or other device designed to accept electronic payments that is operated by the consumer;
(3) is located indoors and within a separate business; and
(4) is generally accessible only to individuals within the building in which the food service facility is located.
(d) “Micro market display” means the place where the food being sold by a micro market is displayed, including:
(2) a refrigerator or a refrigerated cooler;
(5) a beverage dispenser; or
(6) a single-serve coffee brewer.
(e) “Micro market license” means a license issued by the clerk to operate a micro market.
Added by Acts 2018, c. 338, § 1, eff. Oct. 1, 2018; Acts 2018, c. 339, § 1, eff. Oct. 1, 2018.
Current through all legislation from the 2022 Regular Session of the General Assembly. Some statute sections may be more current, see credits for details.