(a) A majority of the full authorized membership of the Commission is a quorum. However, the Commission may not act on any matter unless at least 4 members in attendance concur.
(b) The Commission shall meet at least 6 times a year, at the times and places that it determines.
Compensation and reimbursement for expenses
(c) Each member of the Commission is entitled to:
(1) Compensation in accordance with the State budget; and
(2) Reimbursement for expenses under the Standard State Travel Regulations,1 as provided in the State budget.
(d)(1) The Commission may employ a staff in accordance with the State budget.
(2) The Commission, in consultation with the Secretary, may set the compensation of a Commission employee in a position that:
(i) Is unique to the Commission;
(ii) Requires specific skills or experience to perform the duties of the position; and
(iii) Does not require the employee to perform functions that are comparable to functions performed in other units of the Executive Branch of State government.
(3) The Secretary of Budget and Management, in consultation with the Commission, shall determine the positions for which the Commission may set compensation under paragraph (2) of this subsection.
(4) The Deputy Director and each principal section chief of the Commission serve at the pleasure of the Commission.
(5) The Commission, in consultation with the Secretary, may determine the appropriate job classifications for the Executive Director, Deputy Director, and each principal section chief of the Commission.
Added by Acts 1982, c. 21, § 2, eff. July 1, 1982. Amended by Acts 1993, c. 136, § 1, eff. July 1, 1993; Acts 1999, c. 702, § 2, eff. Oct. 1, 1999; Acts 2009, c. 690, § 1, eff. Oct. 1, 2009; Acts 2014, c. 613, § 1, eff. July 1, 2014.