West's Annotated Code of Maryland
Human Services (Refs & Annos)
Title 7. Individuals with Disabilities (Refs & Annos)
Subtitle 6. Assistive Technology Guaranteed Loan Program (Refs & Annos)
Effective: July 1, 2017
MD Code, Human Services, § 7-605
§ 7-605. Board of Directors--Membership
Composition; appointment of members
(a) The Board consists of:
(1) the Secretary of Information Technology or the Secretary's designee;
(2) a representative from the Maryland Department of Health, Developmental Disabilities Administration, appointed by the Secretary of Health;
(3) a representative of the State Department of Education Division of Rehabilitation Services, appointed by the State Superintendent of Schools; and
(4) eight members of the public appointed by the Governor with the advice and consent of the Senate.
Qualifications of members appointed by Governor
(b) Of the eight members of the public appointed by the Governor:
(1) four shall have significant experience in finance, accounting, investment management, or consumer lending; and
(2) four shall have disabilities or assist individuals with disabilities.
(c)(1) The term of a member appointed by the Governor is 4 years.
(2) At the end of a term, a member continues to serve until a successor is appointed and qualifies.
(3) A member who is appointed after a term has begun serves only for the rest of the term and until a successor is appointed and qualifies.
(4) A member appointed by the Governor may not serve more than two terms.
Added by Acts 2007, c. 3, § 2, eff. Oct. 1, 2007. Amended by Acts 2009, c. 471, § 1, eff. Oct. 1, 2009; Acts 2016, c. 38, § 1, eff. Oct. 1, 2016; Acts 2017, c. 62, § 6.
Current with legislation effective through July 1, 2023, from the 2023 Regular Session of the General Assembly. Some statute sections may be more current, see credits for details.