§ 11-105. Condominium plats
West's Annotated Code of MarylandReal Property
MD Code, Real Property, § 11-105
§ 11-105. Condominium plats
(a) When the declaration and bylaws are recorded, the developer shall record a condominium plat.
(b) The condominium plat may consist of one or more sheets and shall contain at least the following particulars:
(c) Each unit shall be designated on the condominium plat by a letter or number, or a combination of them, or other appropriate designation.
(d) A condominium plat or any amendment to a condominium plat is sufficient for the purposes of this title if there is attached to, or included in it, a certificate of a professional land surveyor or property line surveyor authorized to practice in the State that:
(e)(1) Except as provided in paragraph (2) of this subsection or otherwise provided in this title, the condominium plat may be amended in the same manner and to the same extent as the declaration under § 11-103(c)(1) of this title.
1. The unit owners, at a special meeting called for that purpose, vote to petition the court to correct a specific error by a vote of at least 66 2/3 percent of the unit owners present and voting at a properly convened meeting;
2. The council of unit owners gives notice of the special meeting to each mortgagee of record for the condominium; and
3. An opportunity is provided for the mortgagees to speak at the special meeting upon written request to the council of unit owners.
1. The council of unit owners gives notice of the filing of the petition to each mortgagee and unit owner within 15 days of filing;
2. The council of unit owners files an affidavit with the court stating that the conditions of subparagraph (ii) of this paragraph have been met;
3. The council of unit owners proves, by a preponderance of the evidence, that there is an error or omission as provided in subparagraph (i) of this paragraph;
4. Any mortgagee with an interest in the condominium is permitted to intervene in the proceedings upon filing a motion to intervene as provided in the Maryland Rules;
5. The reformation does not substantially impair the property rights of any unit owner or mortgagee; and
6. The court issues an order of reformation.
(3) An amendment or order of reformation becomes effective upon recordation in the same manner as the condominium plat. If the condominium is registered with the Secretary of State, the council of unit owners shall file a copy of the reformation amendment with the Secretary of State within 15 days of recordation.
Added by Acts 1974, c. 641, § 2, eff. July 1, 1974. Amended by Acts 1975, c. 786, § 1; Acts 1976, c. 348, § 3; Acts 1981, c. 246; Acts 1982, c. 836, § 3; Acts 1983, c. 381; Acts 1983, c. 525; Acts 1984, c. 266; Acts 1984, c. 580; Acts 1989, c. 236, § 2; Acts 1997, c. 14, § 1, eff. April 8, 1997; Acts 2000, c. 61, § 1, eff. April 25, 2000.
Formerly Art. 21, § 11-112.
MD Code, Real Property, § 11-105, MD REAL PROP § 11-105
Current through all legislation from the 2017 Regular Session of the General Assembly
|End of Document||© 2017 Thomson Reuters. No claim to original U.S. Government Works.|