(v) 2 shall represent owners of amusement parks; and
(vi) 3 shall be consumer members.
(3) In choosing the members of the Board, the Governor shall make every effort to ensure that each region of the State is represented.
(4) The composition of the Board as to the race and gender of its members shall reflect the composition of the population of the State.
(b) Each consumer member of the Board shall be a member of the general public.
(c)(1) The term of a member is 4 years and begins on July 1.
(2) The terms of members are staggered as required by the terms provided for members of the Board on October 1, 1992.
(3) At the end of a term, a member continues to serve until a successor is appointed and qualifies.
(4) A member who is appointed after a term has begun serves only for the rest of the term and until a successor is appointed and qualifies.
(d)(1) The Governor may remove a member for incompetence or misconduct.
(2) Except as provided in paragraph (3) of this subsection and subject to paragraph (4) of this subsection, a member shall be considered to have resigned if the member did not attend at least two-thirds of the Board meetings held during any consecutive 12-month period while the member was serving on the Board.
(3) The Governor may waive a member's resignation and allow the member to continue serving if the member has been unable to attend meetings for reasons satisfactory to the Governor and the reasons are made public.
(4) In accordance with § 8-501 of the State Government Article, the chairman shall provide notice to the Governor and the Governor shall appoint a successor.
Added by Acts 1992, c. 4, § 2. Amended by Acts 2011, c. 99, § 1, eff. Oct. 1, 2011; Acts 2014, c. 588, § 2, eff. Oct. 1, 2014.
Formerly Art. 41, § 8-102; Art. 89, § 69.
MD Code, Business Regulation, § 3-304, MD BUS REG § 3-304
Current with all legislation from the 2023 Regular Session of the General Assembly. Some statute sections may be more current, see credits for details.