(a) To qualify for a certificate as a residential child and youth care practitioner, an applicant shall be an individual who meets the requirements of this section.
(b) The applicant shall be of good moral character.
Criminal history records check
(c) The applicant shall have completed:
(1) A State and national criminal history records check; and
(2) Unless waived by the Board under § 20-303(d) of this subtitle, a child protective services background clearance.
(d) The applicant shall be:
(1) At least 21 years old; or
(2) At least 18 years old and have earned at least an associate's or bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Training programs, degrees
(e) The applicant shall have:
(1) A high school diploma or equivalent and have successfully completed an approved training program; and
(2)(i) At least 2 years experience in the human service field; or
(ii) An associate's or bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Training program; waiver
(f)(1) Except as provided in paragraph (2) of this subsection, the applicant shall have successfully completed a training program approved by the Board.
(2)(i) An applicant who has an associate's or bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university may be waived from the training program requirement, if the applicant passes an examination and meets other requirements established by the Board under this subtitle.
(ii) The Board shall establish requirements and procedures for waiving the training program requirement for an applicant under subparagraph (i) of this paragraph.
(g) The applicant shall pass an examination given by the Board under this subtitle.
Waiver of requirements
(h) The Board shall waive the education, experience, training, and examination requirements of this section for an applicant who:
(1) Applies for certification on or before October 1, 2015; and
(2) Presents to the Board satisfactory evidence that the applicant worked as a residential child and youth care practitioner in the State for at least 2 years before October 1, 2015.
Added by Acts 2008, c. 218, § 1, eff. Oct. 1, 2008. Amended by Acts 2012, c. 312, § 1, eff. Oct. 1, 2012; Acts 2012, c. 313, § 1, eff. Oct. 1, 2012; Acts 2015, c. 331, § 1, eff. Oct. 1, 2015; Acts 2018, c. 411, § 1, eff. Oct. 1, 2018.
MD Code, Health Occupations, § 20-302.1, MD HEALTH OCCUP § 20-302.1
Current through all legislation from the 2022 Regular Session of the General Assembly. Some statute sections may be more current, see credits for details.