(a) The Board may issue a retired status license to an individual who:
(1) is currently licensed by the Board to practice architecture;
(2) has been a licensed architect for at least 25 years, of which 5 years have been in Maryland;
(3) is not the subject of a pending disciplinary action related to the practice of architecture in this or another state;
(4) submits to the Board an application on the form provided by the Board; and
(5) pays to the Board a fee set by the Board.
Holders of retired status license
(b) The holder of a retired status license issued under this section:
(1) may use the designation of “architect emeritus”; but
(2) may not engage in the practice of architecture.
Reactivation of license
(c) The Board may reactivate the license of an individual who holds a retired status license if that individual:
(1) submits to the Board an application for reactivation on the form provided by the Board;
(2) meets all continuing professional competency requirements that would have been required for renewal of a license under § 3-309.1 of this subtitle if the individual had not been issued a retired status license;
(3) is not the subject of a pending disciplinary action related to the practice of architecture in this or any other state; and
(4) pays to the Board a reactivation fee set by the Board.
Added by Acts 2011, c. 50, § 1, eff. Oct. 1, 2011. Amended by Acts 2012, c. 20, § 1, eff. Oct. 1, 2012.
MD Code, Business Occupations & Professions, § 3-309.2, MD BUS OCCUP & PROF § 3-309.2
Current with legislation effective through July 1, 2023, from the 2023 Regular Session of the General Assembly. Some statute sections may be more current, see credits for details.