REVISED SCHEDULE OF CHARGES, COSTS AND FEES TO BE CHARGED BY THE CLERKS OF THE CIRCUIT COURTS U...
West's Annotated Code of MarylandCircuit Court Fee ScheduleEffective: September 16, 2021
Effective: September 16, 2021
MD Revised Schedule of Circuit Court Charges, Costs, and Fees Fees
REVISED SCHEDULE OF CHARGES, COSTS AND FEES TO BE CHARGED BY THE CLERKS OF THE CIRCUIT COURTS UNDER COURTS ARTICLE, § 7-202
Effective September 16, 2021
1. Imposition under Statute or Rule. This Schedule does not affect any charge, cost or fee set or required to be assessed by statute or rule. See, e.g., Courts Article, §§ 2-102(b)(1) and (2), 5-1002, 7-204, 7-401, 7-402, and 7-409, as to the minimum auditor's compensation and fees for counsel in Baltimore City, prisoner litigation, appearance fees, supplementary proceedings, sheriffs' fees, and criminal injuries compensation and crime victims' fees, respectively.
2. Waiver by Statute. This Schedule does not affect any waiver, by statute, of a charge, cost, or fee or its prepayment. See, e.g., Courts Article, § 7-202(b); Criminal Procedure Article, § 1-203(d)(4); and Family Law Article, §§ 4-504(c) and 5-1011(c), as to charges against the State, any county, municipality, or Baltimore City, petitions for return of seized property, petitioners for protective orders against domestic violence, and child support enforcement.
4. Assessment Against and Allocation Among Parties. This Schedule does not interfere with a court's authority or duty, under statute or rule, to assess costs against a party or to allocate costs among parties. See, e.g., Agriculture Article, §§ 4-125(d) and 5-111(c), Courts Article, §§ 3-228(b) and 7-409(d), Family Law Article, § 4-506(d)(12), Labor and Employment Article, §§ 3-605(b) and 9-902(f), Real Property Article, § 10-108, and Rules 1-325(b), 2-415(a), 2-506(d), and 2-603(a), (c), and (d), and 4-353.
(2) a $312 filing fee for docketing a motion to hold a person in contempt, or to modify alimony, custody, support, or visitation; and
D. Certain Post Judgment Charges. A clerk shall collect a $311 fee for docketing:
(I) a case in which the plaintiff or petitioner is represented by counsel retained through a pro bono or legal services program that is recognized by Maryland Legal Services Corporation, if the program provides the clerk with a memorandum that names the program, attorney(s), and client(s), that specifies that representation is being provided for client(s) meeting the financial eligibility criteria of the Corporation, and that states that payment of filing fees is not required under the Prisoner Litigation Act;
2. Charges, Costs, and Fees in Excepted Cases. If this Schedule, a statute, or a court waives prepayment of a charge, cost, or fee in a case, the court shall award charges, costs, and fees in accordance with this Schedule, at the conclusion of the case. The clerk shall collect the charges, costs, and fees assessed under this paragraph, in addition to any open costs that the court imposes under any applicable statute, rule, or regulation such as: Family Law Article, § 4-506(d)(12); or Rule 1-341 or 2-508(e).
[Amended eff. July 1, 1998; Sept. 15, 1999; Oct. 1, 199; June 1, 2004; Oct. 1, 2004; July 1, 2010; Oct. 1, 2011; Dec. 31, 2014; July 1, 2015; May 17, 2018; Sept. 16, 2021.]
Includes Maryland Legal Services Corporation Fund surcharge of $55.
Includes Circuit Court Real Property Records Improvement Fund surcharge--$30 for initial filing and $6 for reopened filings.
MD Revised Schedule of Circuit Court Charges, Costs, and Fees Fees, MD R CIR CT FEE SCHEDULE Fees
Current with amendments received through May 15, 2022. Some sections may be more current, see credits for details.
|End of Document|